Currently reading:
Partnership or go it alone?

Discuss Partnership or go it alone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Welshbeef

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you are in or have had a business partnership in plumbing and was wondering about the pro's and cons of this. I am just about to qualify as a plumber level 2 6129 and am going to get my gas on its own or do level 3 part time (evenings). One of the guys on the course with me has asked if we could go into business together, the advantage of this is we could pool our knowledge together, being newly qualified and also could take on bigger jobs in the future. Obvious downside is sharing the profits! Can a partnership work in plumbing or is this a one man in a van business, thanks guys.

i was partners with another plumber for 15 years it does make life easier having someone to share with and it does make money sometimes as one of you can pop of and do a little job while one carries on we both had work of our own when we started and both had different skills

Not wanting to sound negative, but anyone I know who has set up a partnership with a friend, family member etc end up as bitter enemies and ultimately as rivals. I don't think that friendship and business mix.

My old boss used to be in a 50/50 partnership and he was the hard worker out of two, the other was lazy, he practically carried him round piggy back all day by the sound of it.

He was always very bitter about it and always put anyone straight who ever mentioned a partnership.

Okay if you're the lazy one though? Just lay back on the sofa all day watcing Jeremy Kyle and let the money roll in.

The worst scenario would be a husband and wife partnership. Imagine your missus on the forum and you'll see where I'm coming from!

I know a very busy electrical firm who has four partners. They employ another four of five guys. They're all on the tools themselves. Sounds like over kill I know but they're bloody busy, and with that many chiefs their work is always top notch.

I couldn't do that though. It would bake my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Partnership or go it alone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock