Search the forum,

Discuss part p defined scope electrics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carlos321

Hi all,
I am a little confused and wondered if anyone could throw some light on it please. I am trying to find where to complete part p defined scope electrics so I can safely and legally maintain heating systems in full (not boilers yet)
The reason I'm confused is that some companies are saying you should be under the supervision of a fully qualified (in electrics) supervisor others don't mention it.
After completing part p defined scope am I allowed or not to work alone on heating system electrics ie installing new spurs for immersions or putting a new rcd in a spare slot of a consumer unit for an electric shower?
Your thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated and welcomed before I ring one of these companies ie Eon.
thanks, Carl

The reason I ask that is because one of the sites I looked at either napit or niceic said the part p defined scope enabled a person of another trade to work under the supervision of a fully qualified person. Hence my confusion when it's not stated on other sites.
If anyone has done part p defined scope and have used a good company any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Basically if you register as defined, then you are sayin to the nic/napit that your,e work is not electrical full-time.
For instance you put an extractor fan in, or you put a spur in for a boiler.
But you must show you are ok, to do this?:tounge_smile:

if you arent doing boilers and havent passed defined scope electrics what are your skills and knowledge at present? Only asking as in your case it would seem some supervision might be very useful

Hi lame there is no pass?
The op says I don,t do rewires.
I don,t swap a consumer unit.
He is a minor work merchant?:tounge_smile:

I looked into this and could not get a straight answer I was told you need not only part p but then the 17th addition and then also to be registered as a competent person with a recognised body ?
The guy I work with seems to think he can do it all I leave it all alone and call a spark then it is not my problem anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to part p defined scope electrics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
Hello all I’m looking for some clarification as to what electric works plumbers / heating engineer can undertake. It seems to be a grey are with part p defined scope etc which I believe has gone? And that part p is just a building Reg and not a qualification. So in light of my confusion some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to help my mother in law by renovating her bathroom for her as it was in quite a sad state. The bathroom is a very poor attempt at a bedroom to bathroom convertion. So bad that it still had carpet over the whole floor, the area around the bathtub has no waterproofing what so...
Replies
Views
N
Hi! We're looking for a consult for our 1905 built (renovated in 2010) victorian house for the future of our heating system. The house is 2 floors and runs 2 different systems and hot water. On the ground floor we have water based underfloor heating with a mix of tile and wood floors with...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Firstly Happy New Year to everyone! New to the forum and was after some advice please. I am having renovation work done to my property starting next week. As part of the renovation work I am having two additional bedrooms in the loft (dormer). The property currently is a 3 bedroom...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock