Discuss part 2 ball valve in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'm off to fix an overflowing loft tank this week. I'll be taking a new Part 2 FOV with me.
Just wondering... would you bother fiddling round to replace the diaphram/washer/etc, or just cut to the chase and install a new FOV? After all, they're so cheap.
Thanks again for your advice,
Jennie

Usually I'd just replace it, although sometimes it easier to split the old one inside the tank and put a new front on it.

If the old valve outwardly looks in good order I would consider just changing the washer (old type or part 2). The old hp ball valves often are better quality than the new scrap valves & worth fixing if it's only a wee washer.
In fairness though, if you tell a customer you fitted a brand new ballvalve, then they will think it worth more than a repair, plus you could charge a couple pounds extra for the valves cost.

If the old valve outwardly looks in good order I would consider just changing the washer (old type or part 2). The old hp ball valves often are better quality than the new scrap valves & worth fixing if it's only a wee washer.
In fairness though, if you tell a customer you fitted a brand new ballvalve, then they will think it worth more than a repair, plus you could charge a couple pounds extra for the valves cost.
And sit there for an hr to get your moneys worth rofl

One other point that may sway your decision - your scrap brass pile will get heavier if you replace the ball valve! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to part 2 ball valve in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock