Discuss Painting copper pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

Following on from yesters 'hell of a day' I need to do some boxing in but also need to paint the pipes under the rad (or when I docorate it'll look rubbish).

It is just an undercoat and gloss or are there other paints needed, I don't want them peeling!!!

Cheers all.

If there's a load of paint on the pipes, another fiver goes on the bill! Howsabout wire wool then a scotchguard pad then some brasso. Looks lovely in my opinion (and a fiver cheaper!LOL)

Have used white plastic covers for years and no they don't bend but do eventually go yellow and distort after a few years, however they're simple to replace. I've found that some are better than others in terms of life-span, I've tried B&Q and Homebase products, but cant say which has been better. I certainly no longer paint pipes, as when redecorating later the old paint cracks and is a devil to make good. IMV Painting is best avoided.

If you must use a plastic cover, use a length of plastic overflow pipe over 15mm copper and slit it so that it can be opened up and wrapped on the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Painting copper pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock