Discuss overheat button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neilwileman

I wonder if anyone can help, i am an electrician and got called to a job this morning by a lady saying her boiler kept tripping out on the over heat cut out, on arrivel i discovered the boiler was mounted in a kitchen wall unit with harldy any room between the boiler front and the cupbaord doors. I opened the dooors and reset the cutout, and the boiler worked fine, i had it ruinning for 2 hours, the programer came on and of on required times so i couldnt find anything wrong. Could the boiler overheat due to the fact its in the unit?

could be but not necessarily. some boilers are built to go in cupboards like this. someone more experienced than me will be along soon to probably better answer your questions.

What could cause it to trip out then?

I couldnt find anything wrong with the wiring, everything worked fine?

The kitchen has just been fitted so boiler wasnt in a kitchen wall unit before, The woman said it tripped out on friday, she opened doors and reset trip, went to work and left doors open, when she got home boiler was working as normal, so she shut doors, when she got up next day trip was off and no hot water. I did the same today, got there and trip was off, opened doors and reset trip had boiler runn constanty for over a hour, the set timer on programer to come on whilst i was there, and it did? I just want to eleiminate any possible wiring faults if any? as we moved programer from upstairs to kitchen and had to alter the wiring, but like i said it worked ok?

depends a lot on what boiler were talking about here some boilers in fact most now need a permenant live without this it could cause overheat due to no pump over run let us know the make and model for further advice

Not sure of the model, but it is a glow worm boiler, looked pretty old, its not a combi boiler either, its has a cover that u slide forword to gain access to the temp control knob and cutout button if thats any help?

Just found out the boiler is a Glow worm Ultimate, FF range

If it's in a cupboard I'm sure this boiler needs high & low ventilation fitted

I've managed to download a instruction book, and it states that if the boiler is to be mounted in a cupboard of such like then a gap of 500mm minimum is required between front of boiler and cupboard doors!!

Maybe thats why its overheating?

i hope so:(

I dont know anything about gas boilers but I have been doing oil boilers for 11 years and this also happens on oil boilers,It is usually either the control stat is letting the boiler to run on until it overheats or the overheat stat is coming on too early,If the problem has only just started happening and nothing has changed ie the boiler has always been in the cupboard and this has not happened before I would go for the stats,and they wont trip out all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to overheat button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock