Discuss outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aldred1990

hi guys what size drill bit would you recommend for drilling the hole for 15mm copper pipe. thanks

I use a marcrist 28mm core drill no breakout then usually sleeve 15 mm water pipe with a bit of overflow quick seal with brown lma job done

110 mm core bit

Makes sense really. If you use one of those kits from the sheds there's be no need to isolate and drain down in the winter. Just put it back in the warm through the 110mm hole. Could save the householder a fortune in burst pipe repairs.

Thinking about it, I'm lucky to see a gas pipe sleeved through a wall, let alone an outside tap...

[DLMURL="http://www.toptools-ireland.com/3pc-meter-long-sds-drill-bits-blackspur-hilka.html"]CONSTRUCTION :: DRILLS :: 3PC Meter Long SDS Drill Bits Blackspur / Hilka - Top Tools Ireland Ltd - Ireland's biggest retailer of high quality tools at very low prices[/DLMURL]

If you can gain access to Makro, these drills are £10.89+vat. They are also available in 450mm for £7.49+vat.
They might struggle on solid concrete but for normal household bricks and blocks, they have never let me down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back