Search the forum,

Discuss Other companies prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a call today requesting quote for 1 full bath upgrade and full heating 6 rads plus boiler in same house.
Arranged to pop over to quote however first she said that she has had a quote already and could i beat it .
To supply and fit new bathroom including taking out old bath and converting to shower tray , new wc ,new basin and all tiled 2 grand !!!!!!!!

Just said no waste of my time .

Then she said could i beat her quote for heating , the house has nothing at the mo so full repipe plus 6 rads and combi .

Supply and fit 2.4 grand lol

Just said waste of my time to submit a quote .

Why work for prices like that??

Cos they daft as brushes?
You did right.
Hope you laughed tho. My comment used to be (in a patronising tone), "Sorry, but I'd want to do it properly. Good luck tho!" Say the last bit like you know they'll sodding need it. That'll set the doubts in her head... :rolleyes: Had a few come back after that. ;)

Probably cheapo bathroom suite ÂŁ199 and ba57ardise the whole thing in, in 5 days no care, tile over tiles, no gaurantee, cash in hand. Good luck to her.

Probably cheapo bathroom suite ÂŁ199 and ba57ardise the whole thing in, in 5 days no care, tile over tiles, no gaurantee, cash in hand. Good luck to her.

Be surprised if they're there more than 3 days

Should be able to charge premium prices for good quality workmanship, so many people judge on price....

Remember the adage "the sweetness of cheap is long forgotten after when the install all falls apart, leaks, breaks etc"

Custards need to be educated in "VALUE FOR MONEY" :D

Should be able to charge premium prices for good quality workmanship, so many people judge on price..

Remember the adage "the sweetness of cheap is long forgotten after when the install all falls apart, leaks, breaks etc"

Custards need to be educated in "VALUE FOR MONEY" :D
Those days are long gone , very few now will pay a good rate all about getting a deal now internet has a big part to play

Those days are long gone , very few now will pay a good rate all about getting a deal now internet has a big part to play

TBH, your task is to create in the custs mind that you add more value. YOU do that by asking questions and LISTENING to the answers. Then, and only then can you put together a scheme for them. THat scheme however will be far better than some tinterweb Rubbish.

My first question was ALWAYS, "How long are you staying in the house?" When they ask "why" you explain that if its a short period you can do it with less robust (cheaper kit). If its med to long term then again you choose kit appropriate for the time scale so their lifetime cost is kept as low as possible. What I mean by that is fiting say a Mira shower means that WHEN it eventually fails, as ALL mechanical devices do, they will be guaranteed to be able to get spares. If you've retired by then then they can even ring Mira direct and get service.

By fitting good quality full bore iso valves, it means that in future maintenance will be sooo much easier PLUS flow rates will be the best they can be. Cheaper ones fail more quickly PLUS they reduce flow rates.

The phrase "Which means that" is the one you use to customers ALL THE TIME. It translates our techie side to what they benefit from.

Reply to Other companies prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock