Discuss Oso unvented water heater, leaking and brown marks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So for whatever reason i went into my cupboard today where this Oso unvented water heater sits, so while in there i hear a faint dripping noise, i look and notice i see some drops of water dripping from one part of the heater.. i also notice some scorch/brown marks on different areas mainly near the valve i think im not sure what its called.. basically just wondering if this is a emergency or probably something minor, i messaged my landlord but its late now so i just asked if he'd come by tomorrow? ill attach a picture of the water heater.

50201676_2365106040387573_2346917237459255296_n.jpg

This unvented cylinder should be serviced by a G3 engineer EVERY year.
It patently has not been, so your landlord must be told it is his legal responsibility to have it done just as he has a boiler serviced.
This is NOT serviced by a Gas Safe engineer as they are two entirely and unconnected qualifications

This unvented cylinder should be serviced by a G3 engineer EVERY year.
It patently has not been, so your landlord must be told it is his legal responsibility to have it done just as he has a boiler serviced.
This is NOT serviced by a Gas Safe engineer as they are two entirely and unconnected qualifications

Understandable, i've messaged him and i will let him know this but is this anything to be concerned over? does this heater use gas at all or is it electric based?

Understandable, i've messaged him and i will let him know this but is this anything to be concerned over? does this heater use gas at all or is it electric based?

If left, you should be concerned. The annual check is for safety reasons.
Electric only.

If left, you should be concerned. The annual check is for safety reasons.
Electric only.

Sorry i was really worried because of the marks, if it was gas i was considering a possible gas leak as ive googled that? however its electric so that isn't an issue, however i am going to message my landlord and demand it be serviced as it is due to be and a leak is still not acceptable

Sorry i was really worried because of the marks, if it was gas i was considering a possible gas leak as ive googled that? however its electric so that isn't an issue, however i am going to message my landlord and demand it be serviced as it is due to be and a leak is still not acceptable

Ask him for the previous service history ;)
It MUST be serviced every year. Google OSOs website and its there in black and white.

When Riley says "pull it out" I hoping he means pull the insulation out of the tundish. He's correct. That needs to be free so that if a safety valve has to pass water then you can see it happening and it would flow away properly.:)

The brown marks are most likely to just be dust /dirt which will rub off caused by the warm air currents.
however as other's say it needs to be serviced & checked but it should be safe for the moment.

Reply to Oso unvented water heater, leaking and brown marks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back