Discuss Oso unvented. Cold water through tundish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

1. I would have felt the T&P discharge pipe to see if it was hot, if cylinder is hot then any discharge from it will make the pipework hot.
2. If it is cold then assume the relief is discharging.
3. Checked the expansion vessel & drained down & recharged the vessel / bubble.
4. Re-filled the cylinder set it to heat & check for further discharge if none then monitor, if there is then loosen the nut on the discharge side of each to confirm if it is the relief or the T&P replace as required.

Last edited:
1. I would have felt the T&P discharge pipe to see if it was hot, if cylinder is hot then any discharge from it will make the pipework hot.
2. If it is cold then assume the relief is discharging.
3. Checked the expansion vessel & drained down & recharged the vessel / bubble.
4. Re-filled the cylinder set it so heat & check for further discharge if none then monitor, if there is then loosen the nut on the discharge side of each to confirm if it is the relief or the T&P replace as required.

Agree. However I always removed the relief valve head and checked the seat just in case running a finger smeared with silicone grease over it so it can never stick (as rubber does when not used frequently) so ends up tearing when it does eventually get lifted off the seat.
BTW, when you do that it always leaks when put back. However by turning it a few times it reseats.
God we're anal!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the customers copy of the manual
Come on Ash there must be something to accommodate expansion, either it is a bubble top or it has a vessel/s ?
If it hasn't got a vessel did you recharge the bubble, it could be that the expansion relief was discharging because the expansion was not being accommodated.
In which case it just needed a service.

Has the air gap with the instructions on the side like with the megaflo. Followed that and no change.

If I isolated the inlet but it's the t and p that is faulty would this not continue to run after I have isolated?

Depends. As you remove the pressurisation from the incoming side then, if it's borderline on the pressure side, it may sit back down and seal. You could only tell that if you had pressure gauges all over the show.

Did you reset the bubble? How long did that take?

Thanks Chris. Gosh never knew that. :(
Thats because you never asked BBA. :D:);) :oops:

Sorry Dave just could not resist that one.:rolleyes:

image.png

Reply to Oso unvented. Cold water through tundish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock