Discuss Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

You said the filter has been moved to the return correct ?

Also vaillant won’t warranty anything if the system water is bad / not cleaned to vdi standards
Yes.. last Saturday almost 2 years after been fitted . And not noticed by them during service etc . Which also includes the filter not just the boiler (all within their terms )

Yes.. last Saturday almost 2 years after been fitted . And not noticed by them during service etc . Which also includes the filter not just the boiler (all within their terms )

So now complies with vaillant so now has warranty

So now complies with vaillant so now has warranty
NO.... As vaillant know the filter was not fitted correctly . And have noted it in their records As they cannot be sure of any damage or wear . Imagine a car company had a owner who drained the original oil from their new car on day one and put nasty inferior wrong spec oil in for 2 years . And then the owner says, "well if i put the right stuff in ,does the warrantee still hold" ? !!!! NO WAY it would . Warrantees stipulate terms and conditions for a given reason . And the so called "engineer " was so bold to say he does it often and so do many others within the "company ". I always think , those people that see it differently would soon change tunes if it was their money spent in good faith !

NO.... As vaillant know the filter was not fitted correctly . And have noted it in their records As they cannot be sure of any damage or wear . Imagine a car company had a owner who drained the original oil from their new car on day one and put nasty inferior wrong spec oil in for 2 years . And then the owner says, "well if i put the right stuff in ,does the warrantee still hold" ? !!!! NO WAY it would . Warrantees stipulate terms and conditions for a given reason . And the so called "engineer " was so bold to say he does it often and so do many others within the "company ". I always think , those people that see it differently would soon change tunes if it was their money spent in good faith !

Have you confirmed that the warranty is void now as vaillant confirmed to me once I swapped over the filter to the return (I took over a service which the boiler was installed via a nationwide group and filter on the return due to no space on the return) the warranty is now reinstated aslong as the system is clean which is should be anyway as it needs to be cleaned before the new boiler is installed

Heating water is a lot different to oil aslong as it’s clean doesn’t matter if it’s 10 years old water put back in

I have also put right a Valliant pure on a dirty poorly installed system they don't get much worse than this ☹️ it didn't even have a filter! Untill I put one on, It was that bad Gas Safe got involved the installer was made to pay back the money for the install Valliant changed the heat exchanger I sorted the other work out , this was documented in 2017 and all was good still working to this day I service it ever year now warranty runs out this year, put some pictures up let's see how it looks ? . Kop

Attachments

• 20170310_091955.jpg
    20170310_091955.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170310_083420.jpg
    20170310_083420.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170310_092006.jpg
    20170310_092006.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170329_182153.jpg
    20170329_182153.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170421_164801.jpg
    20170421_164801.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170310_120746.jpg
    20170310_120746.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170310_124139.jpg
    20170310_124139.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170310_124133.jpg
    20170310_124133.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170310_161615.jpg
    20170310_161615.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170310_144940.jpg
    20170310_144940.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170329_181416.jpg
    20170329_181416.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 12
This.... The pipe work and rads are old .ONly the boiler and its protection filter was new . The system was flushed and chemicals added .

NOT according to vaillant .If they had been called out a year after the original install .Vaillant say they would not allow the warrantee due to the boiler not been correctly fitted .Guys...its clearly stated that unless the filter is fitted correctly NO warrantee will be in place .why is this issue still been debated .The facts have been presented . He has had 2 years use .But unknown wear and tear that he paid NOT to have .
You started the debate we are only giving you our professional opinion and what's happened from previous experiences, I agree with you as I said in my first post it must be fitted to the manufacturers instructions, but mistakes are made corners are cut , we pick up the pieces and sort it out are there any gas issues under sized pipework , flue not fitted correctly ? That sort of thing ? You may well be able to get Gas Safe involved ? but it must break the gas regulations poor workmanship is not enough . Kop

The only thing with this is vaillant instructions say fit on return, but it is made by spirovent/trap who’s instructions say fit on return or flow if you can’t. i Know you have to follow Vaillant s instructions for warranty.

The only thing with this is vaillant instructions say fit on return, but it is made by spirovent/trap who’s instructions say fit on return or flow if you can’t. i Know you have to follow Vaillant s instructions for warranty.
True.... But This company sure wont just put their hands up when they are wrong .The actual term they used is "The filter has now been put on the preferred (Return) pipe .Rather than "on the correct pipe" !!

And? they’ve moved it move on are you the customer ?

True.... But This company sure wont just put their hands up when they are wrong .The actual term they used is "The filter has now been put on the preferred (Return) pipe .Rather than "on the correct pipe" !!
At this point you need to put up or shut up, i.e. either sue the installers for whatever damages you feel entitled to or get over it and move on.

As someone with some experience of technical disputes I would recommend the second course of action. As lawyers are fond of saying, a bad settlement is better than a good case. Your case is weak unless you commission an expert report that quantifies your hypothetical damage to the heat exchanger. Such a report, assuming you can find someone willing to do the work, will cost considerably more than just replacing the HX on spec. Keep in mind that there's no guarantee that you'll get the costs involved back even if you end up winning the case.

Reply to Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an old (~2006) Potterton powermax boiler. It's a gas system boiler with a small unvented cylinder in one small package, in a flat. Because...
Replies
Views
Friend has there boiler install company do the annual service exactly 3 years this week of them carrying out the install etc .The engineer told...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock