Discuss Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

And Vaillant response :"
Please see below diagram taken from the Vaillant boiler Protection Kit instructions which clearly states to ensure arrow on manifold matches heating return flow direction.

I have previously checked with the Boiler Protection Kit Porduct Manager who has advised me that the Vaillant Boiler Protection kit can only be fitted to the boiler return not the boiler flow.

And ??? get the client to get it in writing from the company who supplied the boiler if vaillant refuse warranty there liable

Or just move on not much you can do / what are you hoping to get for the customer?

Wonder how much of a difference does it really make (installed on the flow), on a new install probably none whatever about just a boiler renewal.

Wonder how much of a difference does it really make (installed on the flow), on a new install probably none whatever about just a boiler renewal.
ON a new install . it means the brand new stainless steel heat exchanger is been protected as much as possible from anything within the pipes and rads etc . Before the rads and pipes its cleaning out all that stuff that has also been through the boiler .And its just wrong that people trained and charging a fortune cannot just do the right job in the first place.

On a new install and properly treated system you shouldn't technically have to worry. However most new boilers are swaps/upgrades, this poses a big problem when retrofitting to old systems that are fouled. Remember gas boilers typically have heat exchangers made of either aluminium or stainless steel. An aluminium heat exchanger exposed to a fouled system is not a good idea.

I agree ! But the question of when the warranty should start is a issue .If it was almost 2 years ago .Then the client lost the full benefits of the protection during that time .Which means he has 8 years "protected" left that he paid 10 years for. I think he should be offered 10 years from last week as a act of good faith in their own belief that the filter works both ways happily and they do it all the time .
That will never happen I'm afraid he's had 2 years with any luck he will still be covered for the remaining 8 providing it's serviced and maintained correctly .

On a new install and properly treated system you shouldn't technically have to worry. However most new boilers are swaps/upgrades, this poses a big problem when retrofitting to old systems that are fouled. Remember gas boilers typically have heat exchangers made of either aluminium or stainless steel. An aluminium heat exchanger exposed to a fouled system is not a good idea.
This.... The pipe work and rads are old .ONly the boiler and its protection filter was new . The system was flushed and chemicals added .
That will never happen I'm afraid he's had 2 years with any luck he will still be covered for the remaining 8 providing it's serviced and maintained correctly .
NOT according to vaillant .If they had been called out a year after the original install .Vaillant say they would not allow the warrantee due to the boiler not been correctly fitted .Guys...its clearly stated that unless the filter is fitted correctly NO warrantee will be in place .why is this issue still been debated .The facts have been presented . He has had 2 years use .But unknown wear and tear that he paid NOT to have .

This.... The pipe work and rads are old .ONly the boiler and its protection filter was new . The system was flushed and chemicals added .

NOT according to vaillant .If they had been called out a year after the original install .Vaillant say they would not allow the warrantee due to the boiler not been correctly fitted .Guys...its clearly stated that unless the filter is fitted correctly NO warrantee will be in place .why is this issue still been debated .The facts have been presented . He has had 2 years use .But unknown wear and tear that he paid NOT to have .

You said the filter has been moved to the return correct ?

Also vaillant won’t warranty anything if the system water is bad / not cleaned to vdi standards

Reply to Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an old (~2006) Potterton powermax boiler. It's a gas system boiler with a small unvented cylinder in one small package, in a flat. Because...
Replies
Views
Friend has there boiler install company do the annual service exactly 3 years this week of them carrying out the install etc .The engineer told...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock