Discuss Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

With luck the filter was checked during its last service and when it was swapped over .Then any chemicals added as necessary .

We are going to hound the heating company to confirm in writing they installed it incorrectly etc and what will happen to the clients guarantee due to it been in place for 2 years . The worst thing is when these guys stand there in front of clients and just LIE and try to make their mistake sound "of no concern"

As a representive you need to ensure the best possible outcome and I seriously doubt because it hasn't worked thus far that hounding them to admit their guilt will change their attitude or minds.

Write a legal letter to them giving them 28 days to power flush the system and correctly install the system to MI if not threaten to get it done independently and sue them for the cost and inconvenience. Explore the idea (perhaps with Vaillant) of transferring a warranty to another company, it maybe once the system is cleaned and corrected the company you choose to do the work maybe able to offer your client some cover.

Very much so....This is one Major LONDON heating/plumbing company .
In my opinion, you are going about this in the wrong way. Manufacturers' warranties are difficult or impossible for the end-user to enforce because they have no contract with the manufacturer. The contract is between the installer who sold the installation and included the 10-year warranty as a 'representation' and your client who presumably considered it to be an essential part of the contract.

The situation as I understand it is that your client bought a Vaillant boiler in good faith from a Valliant-approved installer. The installer has assured your client that the installation is sound and the 10-year guarantee is valid. So, if your client's boiler packs up he calls the installer and tells them to arrange for it to be fixed it free either under the Vaillant warranty or at their own expense if Vaillant don't feel like paying. Enforcement is via a Small Claims Court action for breach of contract.

Since replacing a heat exchanger is a few hundred quid there's no point in wasting a lot of time and/or money arguing with the installer unless the boiler does actually pack up and they do refuse to honour the warranty.

Now, my opinion is free and worth every penny. If you want an opinion you can rely on you'll need to employe your own lawyer. And I bet they'll charge you more for their opinion than replacing a HX will cost!

In my opinion, you are going about this in the wrong way. Manufacturers' warranties are difficult or impossible for the end-user to enforce because they have no contract with the manufacturer. The contract is between the installer who sold the installation and included the 10-year warranty as a 'representation' and your client who presumably considered it to be an essential part of the contract.

The situation as I understand it is that your client bought a Vaillant boiler in good faith from a Valliant-approved installer. The installer has assured your client that the installation is sound and the 10-year guarantee is valid. So, if your client's boiler packs up he calls the installer and tells them to arrange for it to be fixed it free either under the Vaillant warranty or at their own expense if Vaillant don't feel like paying. Enforcement is via a Small Claims Court action for breach of contract.

Since replacing a heat exchanger is a few hundred quid there's no point in wasting a lot of time and/or money arguing with the installer unless the boiler does actually pack up and they do refuse to honour the warranty.

Now, my opinion is free and worth every penny. If you want an opinion you can rely on you'll need to employeat

I agree ! But the question of when the warranty should start is a issue .If it was almost 2 years ago .Then the client lost the full benefits of the protection during that time .Which means he has 8 years "protected" left that he paid 10 years for. I think he should be offered 10 years from last week as a act of good faith in their own belief that the filter works both ways happily and they do it all the time .

I think he should be offered 10 years from last week as a act of good faith in their own belief that the filter works both ways happily and they do it all the time .
No. Your 'client' paid for a warranty to run for 10 years from the date of purchase. If there were warranty claims refused in the first two years due to incorrect installation the installer should cover them. If there were no problems in the first two years the client got what they paid for, i.e. a working boiler and no repair costs.

(The normally remedy for breach of contract is, as far as possible, to put the parties involved into the position they would have been in if the contract had been adhered to.)

No. Your 'client' paid for a warranty to run for 10 years from the date of purchase. If there were warranty claims refused in the first two years due to incorrect installation the installer should cover them. If there were no problems in the first two years the client got what they paid for, i.e. a working boiler and no repair costs.

(The normally remedy for breach of contract is, as far as possible, to put the parties involved in the same position they would have been in if the contract had been adhered to.)
SO the client paid for 10 years warrantee and a system to be fitted correctly .It was not .Therefore who can tell what state the internals are of the heat exchanger are in ? I would guess not as good as if it had been protected properly ? So its possible excess wear and tear might have happened. If the boiler conks out soon lets say after another 8.5 years .He is NOT covered . And part of the reason it may not work is the excess build up etc the Heat exchanger might have received in the almost last 2 years ? And a invoice was sent for the work correcting it ......We await the response questioning this . But the history of this company "methods" has always been in discussion on forums etc .

I am working from Vaillants own words

Attachments

• IMG_6279.jpeg
    IMG_6279.jpeg
    485.3 KB · Views: 20

Reply to Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an old (~2006) Potterton powermax boiler. It's a gas system boiler with a small unvented cylinder in one small package, in a flat. Because...
Replies
Views
Friend has there boiler install company do the annual service exactly 3 years this week of them carrying out the install etc .The engineer told...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock