Discuss Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

All feedback welcome !

Here are a few details .

1.New Ecotec Vaillant boiler fitted ."protection kit/filter " paid for to get 10 year Guarantee etc .
2.Vaillant filter fitted on flow for No reason . This was coming up to 2 years ago.
3.Install company then serviced it and failed to notice the mistake .
4.Install company say its nothing to worry about and they do it hundreds of time will no ill effects.
5.They also claim it will NOT affect the guarantee . Despite Vaillant fitting guides stating clearly it must only be fitted to return .
6.Vaillant have confirmed this .

It was not a cheap boiler install at all . The client paid good money in good faith to receive due diligence and the work to be carried out to manufactures specifications etc .

To date the Install company still say the guarantee of the boiler etc is good and no damage etc would happen .DESPITE the purpose of the filter to be the protection for the boiler not the whole system. Prime part. the heat exchanger .

I am "guiding" the client as I think as he paid the money to have the system fitted correctly .And during this time it would be hard to know what effect the issue has had on the boiler . I think they either need to put in writing his Boiler guarantee started the moment the filter was changed over . Or they exchange the heat exchanger etc .

As Vaillant have put it in writing that as they are aware of the situation there is no longer a guarantee in place form them as manufacturers .Unless that becomes an agreement between the Install /heating company and the client . And they honour the guarantee period themselves etc .

cheers

Exactly ..But the Engineer stood in front of the customer and "Boasted" that he has done it hundreds of times and could be common practise in their company and no way would it be a issue and the filter is a "system " filter rather than just a boiler protection filter. Funny that Vaillant call it just that !!

Then this "Engineer" is an idiot and clearly doesn't understand the purpose of the filter. It's primary function is to protect the boiler heat exchanger, which is exactly the boiler manufacturers point. Secondly it should help cleanse the system.

Then this "Engineer" is an idiot and clearly doesn't understand the purpose of the filter. It's primary function is to protect the boiler heat exchanger, which is exactly the boiler manufacturers point. Secondly it should help cleanse the system.
THis.... The issue is the manner in which they think they are right . Next move is to see how they react to the Communication sent to us by Vaillant :) I really wish the client had paid by credit card . The filter was changed over yesterday and I await their next email to us !

legal side....Boiler must be fitted as specified by manufacturer ?? Vaillant clearly state "ON return" and this is to ensure 10 year guarantee etc .

Yes but I mean how you would approach the installing firm legally. It's not something I'm familiar with and I believe the person I tagged above has a wife in legal. With regards to the engineer they have installed a system non compliant with MI's, this has invalidated the warranty but I couldn't advise how best to approach them.

Yes but I mean how you would approach the installing firm legally. It's not something I'm familiar with and I believe the person I tagged above has a wife in legal. With regards to the engineer they have installed a system non compliant with MI's, this has invalidated the warranty but I couldn't advise how best to approach them.
cheers

The legal side of things I'm not too savvy on. Perhaps @king of pipes could help?
The boiler and it's filter must be fitted as the manufacturers instructions any deviation from these instructions will effect the boiler warranty , Valliant are usually quite fair and I have seen them stand by poor installs and swap a blocked heat exchanger, but this happened within the first year of a install and the faults needed to be rectified for the warranty to continue to be valid, I would agree with the above engineers the filter should always be on the return to protect the boiler from any debris that may be left in the system, the filter has been changed over I believe and hopefully a chemical treatment added, I would check the filter regularly for any build up on its magnet and test for the correct pH level in the system water fernox do a dip test test kit the result should be between 6.5 - 8.5 and a suitable corrosion inhibitor added . Kop

Reply to Opinions on this : Vaillant Boiler Fitted with "Vaillant protection filter " on the flow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an old (~2006) Potterton powermax boiler. It's a gas system boiler with a small unvented cylinder in one small package, in a flat. Because...
Replies
Views
Friend has there boiler install company do the annual service exactly 3 years this week of them carrying out the install etc .The engineer told...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock