Discuss Opella siphons = Rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Had 2 fail this year now, both on the flimsy plastic pull rod which had snapped. Both were correctly set up with no sideways pull.

Its very rare I'll fit a new siphon anyway as I like to just replace the diaphram but from now on I'm switching to Macdee 3 part siphon if I have to fit a new one. I've just been comparing qaulity with some other siphions I have in the garage, the macdee and Thomas Dudley ones were far more durable.

Can Opella not make a quality product?

Anyone else had trouble?

Only use Dudluy Turbo's.

Mostly in commercial to so they get hammered 24/7.

Hit and miss really, some work fine then some would last 6 months and there away, either snapping or the washer going. Another problem i think with them is the backnut is terrible on them and seems to jump threads too easily

dont bother with siphons anymore, plumbfix do the twin pack fluid master flush valve/ball valve been fitting them for years no issues to report

it was my misfortune to come across one of these and i agree total tat much like the opella washing machine taps of yester years

i too don't like the crapella products. i've had 2 not even work from the get go cos the diaphragm wasn't seated correctly.
always get my macdee's from plumbase for a 5er now, couple of quid dearer but much better imo

If they are in good shape I always save the old syphons when I decommission an old suite. Even second hand they are far better than the modern flimsy rubbish.

Newbie here, if a new syphon needs fitting and say for instance there is an opella one there, it is just as easy to change it for a better quality one. I.e. does it fit the same? is the hole in the bottom the same size etc.? Sorry, don't mean to be stupid.

Cheers

I have just fitted a flap valve on my own toilet to see what it is like. Great flush the only thing I would say is dont fit one with a handle because it only requires a gentle touch to flush it. Use the pushbuton one, easy to fit and easy to replace.

Newbie here, if a new syphon needs fitting and say for instance there is an opella one there, it is just as easy to change it for a better quality one. I.e. does it fit the same? is the hole in the bottom the same size etc.? Sorry, don't mean to be stupid.

Cheers

yep take an opella out replace with a macdee, or fluidmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Opella siphons = Rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am planning to get a new WC for the downstairs cloakroom in our house. We have two possible WCs in mind. Both have a cistern with a lever rather...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello All I've been having fun with my old vented, Y-Plan central heating system, since I finally got it up and running again yesterday, having...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Please would any heating experts advise what damage the heating engineer could have caused to our boiler. He isolated the boiler, turning off...
Replies
Views
A

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock