Discuss One job leads to another and another etc etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went out to a customers house to replace pump which was dead. Fired up. Oh three way has gone too stuck on dhw. Replaced that and had a call back from customer last night saying warning pipe from roof is gushing. Argh. Been back today and nothing as customer ran taps to reduce level in cwsc. All is now good. I can't see anyway that these are linked can you??? It's doing my nut

Was the heating on when you were there ? Might be heating up cylinder too much so slightly pumping over etc

Hi Shaun, I had the heating and the hot water running full blast for about two hours absolutely nothing. As soon as I've gone up the road the customers called me again it is just far too coincidental for all these things to go wrong at the same time. There is no logic as to why a new pump and three port valve and would affect the cwsc. My only thought is circulation but then surely we would be seeing the boiler locking out

Hi Shaun, I had the heating and the hot water running full blast for about two hours absolutely nothing. As soon as I've gone up the road the customers called me again it is just far too coincidental for all these things to go wrong at the same time. There is no logic as to why a new pump and three port valve and would affect the cwsc. My only thought is circulation but then surely we would be seeing the boiler locking out

what did the pump look like when you took it out (old) crammed to hell with crap?

No not really. Grubby water but not too bad. Just dead and not turning

No not really. Grubby water but not too bad. Just dead and not turning

they only other thing is did you turn the main off? as would explain, ball valve stuck low and just overflowed until it freed it self

its just one of them things, you either get the odd part failing or a load at once if they where all installed around the same time, just came to the end of there life,

and as above the ball valve most likely just stuck down, its probley never dropped that far in 10 years

Ball valve was what I went there to replace initially so I know at least that that worked :smile:

Was it definitely the cwsc that was overflowing and not the F&E? I know they ran the taps and it stopped but that could be just a coincidence

It's doing my nut

I take it you are being paid, so why the sad face:)

Currently, I'm on a complete bathroom refurb. Went there yesterday and Builder's Handyman said: ''Shona wants me to ask you what's going on? She had a shower today and the garden was a pool of water?''
We filled the bath up and drained it just as the husband was returning home. Turns out all the rubbish from kitchen sink had blocked drain, causing the problem. An hour later, the downstairs toilet started discharging from the overflow when I flushed it? GREAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One job leads to another and another etc etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views
This is perhaps a long shot, but anyway... I live in a block of flats in Beijing, and the heating is provided by a metropolitan heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi all - apologies in advance for the essay. Posted a week or two ago about a botched shower job and had some really helpful replies (tray...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock