Discuss Old torbeck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Guys , a long shot but does anybody know where I could get hold of an old torbeck bottom entry fill valve. The new adjustable ones with the brass thread wont fit .

Thank you

what without the brass thread or non adjustable?

I think all the adjustables came with the brass thread , the threads not important to be honest .
The problem is the nurled blue nut that locks the adjustable plastic shaft, it is hard up against the syphon and the cistern side.
Half an hour job is turning out to be a fecing nightmare , I only went to service the boiler lol

You might try an old-fashioned back street hardware shop. The sort of place where the stock only turns over once a decade... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega thanks shaun, looking at that lot It looks like this torbeck is a bit older than I thought, it is a much thinner shaft.

Looks like I have opened a can of worms .......... Again !

Ray , you maybe right , old hardware store looks fave, theres one down the road , its worth a go.

If it's hitting the siphon them fit a fluidmaster siphon & fill valve kit & charge accordingly

What's wrong with the old one? I only ever see one issue when called out to them and that's always the washer has perished. I keep a few in stock and turn a half hour job into a 2 minute job everytime ;)

Mega slow fill , but plastic filler tube thing is shot to bits , sprays all over . The float falls out of the lever, need i go on lol

What's wrong with the old one? I only ever see one issue when called out to them and that's always the washer has perished. I keep a few in stock and turn a half hour job into a 2 minute job everytime ;)

I hate torbeck valves & have never had much luck when changing those little washers or cleaning them, they still don't shut off lol! I would just change it all there & then, it's the only way I know I won't get called back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old torbeck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, as the title, the cistern keeps filling. The fill valve is passing, think it’s a viva skylo bottom entry with a plastic shank but there’s...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I'm in New Mexico US... I have a fifties boiler with floorboard radiant hydronic heating. The old valves are corroded and not working. I have...
Replies
Views
Where to source this type of toilet seat from ? Does anyone know where to source one of these nowadays, been advised it's about 35 years old now...
Replies
Views
I can't get the glass tube out. There's no maker's marks on the filter. It's at least 10 years old, and the UV bulb is 33" long - that's all I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock