Discuss Old(ish) Grundfos proportional pressure control circulator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm trying to set up a Honeywell DU145 ABV with an ALPHA 15-60 130 (Model number 59526443) and work out the speed setting. The pump has one variable dial (no C1/2/3 ect).

Grundfos support have no info on the pump as its from circa 2001, so unable to help. Its running 5 rads in a small 2 bed flat with only one TRV turned down (the rest fully open).

Any advice would be welcome

Try c1 and see how it goes if all heats up leave it there if not up it to c2

Split the viable speed into 3 and set to 1st 3rd

Are you trying to set the bypass? Or the pump ?

Are you trying to set the bypass? Or the pump ?
Both ideally.

The pump is currently set on the max setting, and the ABV on number 2. However, the previous owner admitted to playing around with it. So I though it best to start from the beginning. I dont know why the ABV is there has the loo rad has no TRV, just 2 open lock valves unless the ABV is for the hot water?? Its an S Plan system.

S plan system?

Try turning the pump down to half and see if it heats up

S plan system?

Try turning the pump down to half and see if it heats up
S plan: two separate valves. one for heating and the other for water.

I've tried that a week ago, and it was slightly better than full on. The rads warm up more equally on half. I imagine the next step would be to slow it down another 1/4 or keep where it is?

Exactly keep notching it down until something stops and notch it up one

Reply to Old(ish) Grundfos proportional pressure control circulator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitogas 100, installed about 17 years ago by a previous homeowner. It also is the boiler for hot water, so it runs all summer...
Replies
Views
I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted...
Replies
Views
We have a Grundfos for a domestic water booster application. Everything is set up for constant pressure, discharge pressure sensing and all...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock