Discuss OLCI Assignment marking confusion? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ourkid

Just got my first 4 assignments returned in the post.Although i passed all 4, a few of the questions marked "incorrect", just didn't seem right to me.Checking through the course binder it seems that in a few areas i've been given duff information!, anyone else experienced this?

Hi ourkid,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see you have a few questions about your assignments. I would like to go through them with you. Please call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with your number and a suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Alana Fox

Thanks Alana,

I've just had chance to go through and cross reference the info in the course binder and compare with my Steve Muscroft plumbing book (seems like a large portion of the text is taken directly from this book?)

There are a few mistakes (including methods for calculating gain whilst bending copper tubing which the manual states to base on nominal bore not O.D?),also Amps = Volts/Watts then later on, Watts/Volts? and the table on page 77, joining plastic pipe....Polythene should be fusion welded?

I've e-mailed OLCI this morning,although the binder is generally very good,i'll also use Steve's book for revision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ourkid,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

Thank you for your feedback on our course binder, we will look into this.

I would still like to speak with you but unfortunately haven't received your email. If you could please call me on 0800 316 8100 when you are next available I will be happy to discuss this further with you.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes

Alana Fox

distance learning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Home study!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOFO we used to call it!

The way the course is run worked for me, i could do the written stuff at home and then got to the centre for the practical side of things.

the first workshop covered the basics. there is some theory for unit one so did that at home ye, the practical stuff though i obviously had to go to the center to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OLCI Assignment marking confusion? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
We are a few months into our Viessmann Vitodens 100-W 19KW Heat Only boiler and it is working fine. We replaced an old 1999 Baxi. Our house is a 2...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock