Search the forum,

Discuss Obsolete Anton flue analyser !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackso

Time for the fga to be calibrated again, so I ring Anton to arrange sending it off and they tell me its obsolete and pretty much worthless, apparently the parts and data needed for repair and calibration aren't available any more.
So I,ve got a piece of kit worth £600 and still working fine but because I have to have a calibration certificate I,m now faced with scrapping it and forking out another £600 for a brand new one, it stinks!.

i would check with an independant before you go down the new route...

What age is it? You have to really factor in the overall cost year by year when you buy an analyser & decide roughly when it makes sense to replace it. 5 or 6 years is probably old for most analysers.

ive just had the same experience keep the hose and probe to put on the next one the new ones are as stiff as a board and the wires break where they enter the plug the analysers is as much use now as a betamax video
i managed to buy a 6 month old one of ebay for half money

Thanks for reply guys. Yes I,ve spoken to Anton and an independant and both say that its now obsolete, bummer. The analyser is about 6 years old, not happy.

Good idea Steve, my printer will work with an Anton Evo2 apparantly, so Anton are telling me so I only need to buy the analyser itself, trouble is I,ve never been too happy with Anton, everytime its been back for calibration there's always been something wrong and cost a small fortune.

Kane are doing a good deal - "Trade in your own analyser"...

I've used Kane's for several years, and given them some stick and never had a problem. The 455 also has a 5 year warranty and servicing priced at a fixed rate of £84 + VAT per year!

I've seen a 455 kit (case, printer and standard probe) for just over £300 (with trade in) or about £350 without... both +VAT.

Thanks finkbat, yeh starting to come around to a Kane after chatting to a few people. The service cost compared to Anton's is a no brainer !.

The Kane has a higher charge service after a few years, so you will find no matter what one you buy, they all cost a lot. I wanted the Kane, but servicing was more expensive from here to England, so I got a Testo

I think our old 425 (2 year cell life) costs around £130 every other year for service and calibration. 455 has a 5 year cell life so year 6 might be slightly more expensive, but the next ones shouldn't be to bad.

Much cheaper than our Testo to have calibrated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Obsolete Anton flue analyser !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Gas flue analyser for sale : £225 Anton Sprint I v2 flue gas analyser kit with printer Comes with calibration Cert fully functional can be tested and demo can be given Please phone/text/message me for more info Features Include: CO, CO2, CO/CO2 ratio O2, excess air, temperature, efficiency...
Replies
Views
Hi first post on here i looking for some advice on purchasing a FGA Anton sprints seem to be popular and ive also looked at TPI models(that look to have reasonable re calibration fixed costs for 5 years). Has anybody got any advice for me on positives and negatives of perticulare manufactures...
Replies
Views
My Anton calibration just expired. can anyone recommend a company i can send to for calibration.... anyone use these guys? COMBUSTION FLUE GAS ANALYSER INSTRUMENTATION CALIBRATION BY JMW
Replies
Views
Pipes Plumbing
P
C
Hi, I've been a plumber for 8 yrs as part of a maintenance team. I've not long completed acs gas certificates and I'm looking at starting up on my own and i'm after some advise on the best flue gas analysers that are available. At the college i attended they used a Kane, which I thought was...
Replies
Views
fogarty
F
B
One question we usually get asked is “What analyser should I get?” It’s purely down to the individual. What are you planning to use it on? Oil? Gas? Cookers? Do you want to print off your results immediately or store them to print later? Would you be looking to use it to do tightness testing...
Replies
Views
Chris Kafetzis
C
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock