Search the forum,

Discuss O bugger ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just filled the van with unleaded :32:

This weeks going downhill rapidly !

Where are you now BLOD?
Waiting for the AA?
When did you realise?.After you'd payed?

I did that about five years ago.......still being reminded by certain people i should have never told.

Yes real silly !
And I've done it before - 20 odd years ago.

So here's my question,
I rekon I've got a 68% diesel to 32% petrol mix in my transit connect - should I run with this and keep topping the tank up to dilute the mix or should I pay to get the tank drained etc ?

I will stick my hands up, I have done it , but TBF it was the wifes fault

You can get away with a bit of petrol in your diesel tank but not the other way round so a drain out and fill more diesel in

as dancin says, mrs filled up with 20 litres of petrol on the landy, got here to brim it with diesel and kept topping it up for a couple of weeks, no problems apart from a thin wallet

as dancin says, mrs filled up with 20 litres of petrol on the landy, got here to brim it with diesel and kept topping it up for a couple of weeks, no problems apart from a thin wallet

yes but to be fair landrovers will run on anything by design,doubt modern derv vans will ,i run mine for 6 months on SVO,no ill effects just made me think of chips

as said id put another half tank in before driving, syphone it out if its full or pull a fuel line off

did you know.....

if i did that with mine, i would bung a gallon of used chicken fat in the tank top up with deisil and it would carry on as normal. :)

is this a landy thread?lol

did you know.....

if i did that with mine, i would bung a gallon of used chicken fat in the tank top up with deisil and it would carry on as normal. :)

is this a landy thread?lol

Seems to be going in that direction.

Should be fitted with an anti syphon valve - I remember swallowing a couple of mouthfuls of fuel many years ago before realising

I worked with a bloke late 80`s who bought a Renault 5 GT Turbo brand new but his wife filled it with diesel but didn't realize and drove away as normal. It destroyed the bottom end. They all turned out to have chocolate engines it anyway lol

I worked with a bloke late 80`s who bought a Renault 5 GT Turbo brand new but his wife filled it with diesel but didn't realize and drove away as normal. It destroyed the bottom end. They all turned out to have chocolate engines it anyway lol

Great cars, my first car was a Renault 5... Most reliable car Iv ever had!

quick update
stuck a litre of veg oil in the tank to help the fuel pump and have kept it brimmed with diesel for the last 250 miles with no probs so hopefully have got away with it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to O bugger ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away. Now, I have heard...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock