Discuss Novice seeking advice - white deposits in header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it does look kike scale just drain out tank and clean it out shouldn't go down pipes as its below level of outlet, but it could be remains of anti scale bag. maybe take some into local chemist and ask

Have you got the right tank?
Having limescale in your F&E tank sounds strange.

If you are genuinely worried and want the system given a once over ,
call in an old pro-plumber with some experience of old systems !

They will know how much cleaning/draining is needed , and when not to touch ,
"Disaster Area" (a rock band !)

Limescale. I had this in the cold water storage tanks of a flat that I bought some years ago. I seem to remember that I took about three buckets full of the stuff out of the (plastic) tank. I turned off the water (plugged all outlets) and scraped the stuff up before giving the tank a good clean up.

I then installed a water softener. Job done [emoji106]

thanks all for the advice. this looks like a job i can handle!

ps i cant fight the urge to tinker - im an electronics engineer by profession and im fascinated by how things work - i guess its in my DNA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Novice seeking advice - white deposits in header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently took off an end stop on the vent/expansion pipe over the heating header tank. I now know why it was capped off. When the 2 way valve...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I have an issue with the header tank in my loft being full of hot water. The vent from the cylinder goes into the cold water tank so it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi all, please could anyone help me with the following issue im having. I will start off with listing the scenario in case it helps. Boiler -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I’m no expert so excuse the question if I’ve done something wrong. I noticed some persistent noises happening with my heating. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock