Discuss Not paying for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have spoken with Citizens advice, they have said:
I could pay the invoice in full under protest to stop any court proceedings then try and claim back part of the money once it's fixed.
Or I can pay for materials only.
Or I should keep up communication with him, until such time as the faults have been rectified by him or another trades person and come to a mutual agreement.

I'm thinking that his materials minus the cost of what has been damaged or needs replacing, i.e. having to re-tile the bathroom so new tiles, damaged pipe to bath filler etc and then paying the balance. he wouldn't end up with much.

Not sure I want a court battle but CA said you have a strong position as you have let him try and fix it 6 times and photographic evidence, but they advise that it's better to come to a mutual agreement than drag it through court.

So pretty much said what most people on here have said. It's christmas now so nothing is going to get done until the new year, I'm looking at shower panels as a replacement to the tiles if that is the issue, but will have to be guided by another trades person, so I'll have to start my hunt for one in January.

I will bet santa coming tonight that there is, put a post in the I am looking for a plumber forum

Do not part with any money at this stage. Before court action, claimant must send, "letter before action" giving you notice and time to pay. On receipt of such letter, respond, recording his 6 failed attempts to rectify the problems and notification that should he proceed with action through the courts, you will counter claim for the full cost of all remedial work, together with your direct and consequential losses.

Another rushed bodged bathroom. Total and unequivocal rip out and redo.

Don't pay him his labour, he made the decision not to get paid by rushing and bodging. Look at the state of those tile trim mitres.

I say mitres, he hasn't even bothered!

It's rough indeed. I think, though, he'd have got away with it if it only hadn't leaked. To smear more silicone on top of old and leave it that rough is not excuseable - there is no reason not to make it look neat.

I wonder whether the plumber has developed dementia or something - this does not look like even an experienced DIYers work. Or he has no experience whatsoever.

Stramitt board is awful stuff to tile to, but it can be done.

Mix powdered flexii adhesive with a water and SBR mix (like a slurry) apply a thin coat, ike plaster. When dry tile as normal.

Stramitt board is awful stuff to tile to, but it can be done.

Mix powdered flexii adhesive with a water and SBR mix (like a slurry) apply a thin coat, ike plaster. When dry tile as normal.

I've come across it once but never tiled to it, I don't think I'd dare for fear of problems. What is the idea of this board? How old is the stuff? does it pre date plasterboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not paying for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock