Currently reading:
not looking forward to this wk

Discuss not looking forward to this wk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

had a few calls this wk end to service boilers next wk .when i asked the caller is there any problems with the boiler got the same response off both of them no but some of the radiators are not getting hot but that will be sorted on the service wont it ? what do people expect these days for the price of a service .explained that if you took your car into the garage for a service thats all they would do and not sort out every problem on the car - think they understood.i dont mind freeing off the odd trv pin or a quick balance of rads but anything else for the price of a service is not on:mad2:

Should have told them that if it's bad you'll bring your powerflush machine and it will be £*** on top of the service :)

Annoys me when I get asked to do service cos "there's summat up with boiler"..........okay, so it's not a service, it's a breakdown. Idiots.

Annoys me when I get asked to do service cos "there's summat up with boiler"..........okay, so it's not a service, it's a breakdown. Idiots.

this is why I don't work for friends and family. They always want a boiler service out of the blue and ask you to look at Luke warm hot water or heating cutting out while I'm there.

I contract during the week so I've knocked all private work on the head because of things like this. I'm happy with what I earn mon-fri so it leaves my weekends and evening free to do whatever.

Everyone wants something for nothing these days! Sick to death of people I hardly know acting like my best friend thinking I'm going to do work for free!

I actually remember someone approaching me once to have a look at there boiler, I said I'd pop round later that evening to have a look, he replied nice one ill get you a few beers! Obviously he was cold that night!

I got caught out in this situation once! Never again, Make sure you run the system on heating and hot water first and check 2/3 ports are operating, or if it is combi, check both heating and hot water, check hot water on its own! I went to service a boiler, stripped it down and gave it a really good service, put it back together and could not get the damn thing firing, it turned out gas valve was faulty, but the customer then says it was working before you touched it, it drove me mental. I changed the gas valve at my own expense and it fired, now, unless this was a huge coincidence and the gas valve failed the minute i walked through i think the customer pulled a fast one!

its 5;30pm the phone rings.

hi, do you service boilers?.
yes we do!
can you call now?
er!, no, is tomorrow afternoon any good to you?.
yes, after 6pm thats when i get home and its freezing in here!
your home after 6pm?
yes i am,
funny that, so am i (click, brrrrrrr).............

yes we do!
can you call now?
your home after 6pm?
yes i am,

Classic.....had the same last week but home after 8 pm....I never took any address etc, and made clear I was too busy, he rang at 8.30 pm hurling abuse asking where I was!

Some people do expect the world, I always try and book routine servicing in about 2 weeks in advance, so if there is a problem, the cust will say so and I can make them aware of possible cost implications.

yes we do!
can you call now?
your home after 6pm?
yes i am,

had a few like these .one last wk was can you come and fix my boiler but i am not home till after 6ish .didnt get the job as told them i have a life and like to spend time with my family

Yes I can come after six or at the weekend, and by the way it'll cost more and it won't get fixed. "why not" because all the suppliers are shut, so i can't get parts and the tech help lines are as well if I get stuck! I take it im not the only one getting sick of being bombarded with carp phone calls. Why does no one ever seem to have these things done before it gets cold? And they all assume we're all robots who can work 24 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to not looking forward to this wk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock