Discuss Noisy Emersion tank! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

route66

My heating runs on an economy 7 system. Our hot water tank and storage heaters run off this. Recently the e7 emersion heater broke and we had to have it replaced. Prior to the replacement, the tank used to make a noise during the night about every 10-15 mins for about 10 seconds, i assume during the e7 period, when the tank was filling up/heating the water.
Since being fixed, the tank has constantly made this noise again every 10-15 mins for about 10 seconds. Should it be making this noise throughout the day? We are concerned that our next electricity bill is going to be huge! We have tried to contact the plumber to ask the question but surprise surprise he is not answering our calls.
Please please advise..... :)

Would get it checked,seems wired incorrectly or economy 7 control unit faulty,should only operate in the day time if on boost,if working during day,your electricity bill is going to be increased

Cheers. Thats exactly what we thought. :(
Dont suppose you know if the switch that is connected to the e7 heater should be on or off? I cant remember what it was before the plumber came.
I should have known he was a cowboy when he didnt seem to understand what e7 was!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy Emersion tank! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock