Discuss Noisy bypass valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have an s plan system with an unvented cylinder and a radiator circuit.
For the last month or so, when the 2 port valves shut, but the pump overrun is still running, I hear a vibrating noise coming from the bypass valve / AVDO.

It sounds like water struggling to get through the valve/ resistance to flow type sound, not really loud but loud enough to be a nuisance.

It is a new build house, system was put in less than 2 years ago. Never had problem before, it is not a danfoss valve I think it may be a cheaper version. It is an angle type one not the in line.

Anyone come across a similar problem with a bypass valve?

yep, when it is fitted to close to the boiler in situation such as a boiler and unvented cyl both in an attic and everything is very compact and no decent length of pipe to valves and bypass hums and bangs when ch valve shuts down and leaves only flow to cyl

strip it to see if theres crud in the valve stopping it working

If possible, wire the 2 port valve to the pump wiring so the pump and the valve shut off at the same time.
If you can't wire the valve to the pump wiring, wire a run-on timer to the valve and keep the valve open for a period greater than the pump run-on timer.
That way the by-pass valve will hardly - if ever - be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy bypass valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock