Discuss Noise from shower....? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a job today to remove some radiators and was asked to look at the customers shower. They told me that it's great for the first few minutes then it starts to make a shuddering sound, usually when the water has heated up fully. As the house is quite large there is a secondary hot water circuit. This is switched off however as they said the electric bill was getting silly. Anyway, there was a little leak and some scale on the pump. I tightend up the nut a little and this stopped the leak. I tried the shower again and it took a little longer to start making the noise. I checked the pump again and it seemed to be coming from there and possibly the check valve? Is this possible? Here are some links to videos of the shower and the pump during the noise....

[video=youtube_share;gmLFj4f1znw]https://youtu.be/gmLFj4f1znw[/video]

[video=youtube_share;_hnGsn9tUck]https://youtu.be/_hnGsn9tUck[/video]

It's an unvented system s
o no shower pump connected. I will obviously go back and change the washer inside the pump, when installing the new rads, as I was not satisfied with just tightening it.

Any help w
ould be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Andy

Maybe the check valve on the secondary circuit causing this... Not seen it before tho

Sounds like the check valve is stuck open or just prattling I could be wrong though

Thanks guys. I presumed as much but wasn't sure so a second opinion is really helpful.

Cheers,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise from shower....? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate...
Replies
Views
Why is my hot water tank making some sort of irritating whistling noise after I take a shower?
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. I live in a three floor house with a gravity fed cold water system for all of the bathrooms. The tank is in...
Replies
Views
P
My Duraspeed pump has started to make a strange noise when water is drawn but I can't see where to add a video. It was already installed when we...
Replies
Views
Peterperfect
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock