Search the forum,

Discuss Noise from electric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mchoa

Hi guys,

Hoping some of you smart people can figure this one out because I can't.

Recently fitted an Amptec electric flow boiler and is has been making a noise that sounds exactly like a ship fog horn. It is a mains fed system and the boiler feeds a cylinder and wet rad system. A PRV is fitted so I don't think it's too high pressure at the valves.

I've heard about cases where other gas boilers made this noise due to incorrect gas/air ratio but naturally this doesn't apply here.

The only other thing I can think of is the pump is running too slowly/ getting clogged causing kettling but it's a different noise.

Hoping there are some bright sparks out there

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise from electric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock