Search the forum,

Discuss No sign of life - ideal ICOS 15he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

Just got back from a neighbours house who’s ideal ICOS 15he showing no sign of life. Not lights nothing.

Checked fuse spur and working fine.
240v to boiler .
240v to on/off switch.
Checked short circuit on the on/switch and came back fine.

I’d say main pcb has gone but how do you test to make sure it’s not the user control board?

Now he recently swapped his programmer (Honeywell) up in the airing cupboard as screen was constantly flickering on/off even when no demand etc.
So he’s got like for like and I’m guessing just pulled the old off and clicked new one on without isolating power . Could this surge the board?

Cheers. .

Reply to No sign of life - ideal ICOS 15he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per the thread title, I have an Ideal Logic Combi 30 and I am having a problem with the pump, which keeps activating without any DHW/DCH. When the pump activates, it runs for exactly 4 minutes each time and this can happen as frequently as something like 5 times an hour or as...
Replies
Views
T
I have an Ideal Logic+ 30 combi boiler which was running fine up until a power cut earlier today. Now it's stuck saying "timer or room stat off" whilst in Winter mode and the central heating won't come on unless manually triggered by the thermostat by increasing the temp. I've tested the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I tried posting this already and lost post so here goes again. I'll start from the beginning so please bare with me. Few Months ago I was getting intermittent heating with occasional flame error code on my ICOS HE12. British gas engineer came out when the system was working and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock