Discuss No Pump Over Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flyboy

I have got a new Worcester 24Ri fitted and the pump over run is not working on hot water or central heating. Is this likely to cause any damage to the boiler. The installers know this and can't come and fix it for over a week. Should I turn the boiler off and not use it till its been fixed. The manual says it must be connected. Same company as my thread on "Power flushing and "PH 8 boiler" water. Also The cylinder and room thermostats don't control the diverter valve properly. (but I had the diverter valve changed because they told me thats what was causing the problems).

The Over-Run is to stop the water boiling which remains in the system/expansion vessel after the system is turned off - you risk blowing the safety valve - which could prove costly as other things will come into play - turn off and wait!!!

Isnt the pump over run part of the boiler? Why do you have to wait for the engineers to come back and fix it? Wont Worcester fix it for you?

The pump overun on the worcesters are controlled by taking the live from the pump to a terminal within the boiler. Dont klnow what pacorio is talking about because systems boilers and combis have built in pumpover built in.

A 24ri with an external pump must have pump live wired into boiler by installer. The purpose is just to dissipate latent heat in the boiler.

If it hasnt been wired in it wont cause any immediate danger but would be a good idea to try and get it done sooner rather than later. Make sure they dont cheat and sleeve an earth as a live if they dont have enough cables pulled in!

the pump feed has to go direct from boiler to pump . worcester will not warranty boiler . it,s in the installers manual . about pump feed

What way do you wire it if you have a honeywell smartfit s plan . Does the pump not get wired to the honeywell wiring center then a 3 core from wiring center to boiler .

What way do you wire it if you have a honeywell smartfit s plan . Does the pump not get wired to the honeywell wiring center then a 3 core from wiring center to boiler .

Just dont connect the pump to the wiring centre, run a 3 core from the boiler over run connections on the boiler to the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No Pump Over Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock