Search the forum,

Discuss No pressure on outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coley45

Hi everyone. This is my first posting and I have a question about my outside water tap.

I bought this kit last year and had fitted by a local plumber. I tried to use it this weekend but the water trickled out I looked on this site and was able to find out how to change the washer on the tap which I managed do but it was still the same.
I removed the whole tap to see if there was anything blocking the bit that comes out of the wall but couldnt seen anything. I left the tap off and turned the water back on but the water still only trickled out. Don't know what else to do now. Any advice please.

the kit you bought wasn't something like this was it? spacer.gifPlumbSure Garden Tap Kit, 0000005265794

The check valve built into the tap probably has been frozen. This jams up the check valve. Either, replace the tap, or break out the check valve ( I didn't tell you that though)

The plumber may have fitted an isolation valve internally and it might be slightly open only. I know a lot of people that do this and turn it off in winter to minimise risk of water freezing in the pipe outside

The check valve built into the tap probably has been frozen. This jams up the check valve. Either, replace the tap, or break out the check valve ( I didn't tell you that though)

He tried it without the tap and no water came out so it isn't the tap.
As advised check whether the water has been isolated inside, has it ever worked,

Hose pipe kinked? Saw two today! About 3000m horizontal external green pipe . The better one had two clips!

if it looks the same as the link i posted, the restriction of flow will most likely be in the self cutting connection that was used because the hole made in the pipe is relatively small. possibly the hole has not been cut enough giving a very small aperture for the water to flow through. personally i would get a plumber to install it all from scratch properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No pressure on outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock