Search the forum,

Discuss No/low coil voltage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FarmerMark

I'm struggling with my R.B.L G5BF 50/70 burner.

I have got plenty of oil from the pressure port of the pump (brand new last year) but nothing from the outlet to the nozzle, passed the stem valve. There is no magnetism from the coil when you wave a screwdriver near it. So, I've changed the coil, no difference. Changed the control box, still no difference. There appears to only be somewhere near 3-5 volts going to the coil, but having changed the control box and the coil, what else is left. The magic eye seems to be working as the resistance changes when moved from light to dark.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Don't know the exact pressure but it's enough to spray a jet about 4ft high from the hole where the stem goes when you run it without the stem.

Not a blocked nozzle as I've taken it out, there's nothing getting passed the stem as I've taken the pipe off the pump outlet and there's not a drop coming from it there.

you say plenty of pressure, does it match the manufacturers output requirements or is it a bick spurt when the nozzle is removed?

Stick your pressure gauge on.

Oh, dont have one!

Well stop messing around with stuff you shouldnt and get somebody in who knows what they are doing.

Its not just gas appliances that can kill if messed about with.

As above. Not only can oil fired appliances kill you as quick and easily as gas fired ones but they pose a far greater environmental impact too.

Get an OFTEC qualified person in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No/low coil voltage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock