Discuss no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nigelh

open vented system no hot water running atall heating fine any ideas pls?thanks

loop one of your washing machine hoses between both washing machine valves.open hot then cold, this will force air lock out open vent m8

not recommended for single feed open vent cylinder,as this will mix heating water and domestic hot water
if it is a system with two tanks,have a look in the domestic hot water tank,the ballvalve may be blocked or siezed,and the tank has just run dry
Unless you have just carried out work on your system it is unlikely to be an air lock

How are the two going to mix? You have the F&E tank for the heating water and the CWS tank for the cylinder. Please explain, I may have missed something?

^^^^ ditto

Um, yeah. I think he's got that one wrong. He's right that it's unlikely to air lock unless there has been work on the system, but it's not imposibble. I would have thought the CWS tank has been checked to make sure its not dry allready!?

sounds like the feed to cylinder pipe is blocked with polystyrene of the cws tank lid to me.
shove a hose down it and blow it into the cylinder, take of the top tank union and suck it out.

could also be the bottom of cylinder clogged with scum, specially if its an old one.
do the same shove a pipe down to bottom and vac it out,

Last edited by a moderator:
to much if but or may be
if it that bad
if cylinder is furring up or old swop
seeing the left over of flat and nextdoors was not much
act before it to late

????///wot???????//

say again? english please....:confused:

ok boys , i take it you don't know the principles behind a single feed indirect hot water system!

if he has only one tank ..yes thats one tank this isfeeding what is generally known as a Primatic cylinder! this is really a trade name for this type of cylinder.
this cylinder is fed by one...yes one tank, this one tank...yes one tank or should i call it a CWS . will fill up the circs and heating system until it starts to fill the cylinder at this point,for want of a better discription a bell inside the cylinder will seperate a small amount of water forming an air bubble this bubble will be the expansion for the heating system! doing away with the F&E tank
THat5 is how they could mix, as if you mains fill this style of cylinder the bubble is broken and your waters mix giving you dirty brown water to wash in
I will put your lack of knowledge down to inexperience! have a good day

wot = what. Don't need a spell checker

To much if but or may be, THE ONLY WAY IS FOR US ALL TO GO ROUND AND HAVE A LOOK.
if its that bad /scale up change the cylinder for a new one.

ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO a cylinder went pop ,seeing the left over of a flat and the neighbours was not much.
We Replace with new cylinder and a Essex flange aav ,after it was rebuild.
act before its to late.

Leakylea is right!

The water does mix on a single feed system with a Primatic cylinder.

Not the best of ideas but many where installed.

when i post i only give correct advice if i possibly can, if i ever come across as a pompous idiot then i will allways apologise what i will never be is rude or use offensive language, a couple of our junior members should follow a good example

out of interest how many of you ever see a primatic cylinder these days ?i think ive only seen a couple in 3o years

That's because that's not the problem,Or the answer. there all dead by now
or very little installations

Last edited by a moderator:
in the northwest they are still going and indeed can still be readily purchased i have seen three this week
may be sometimes a reply to a post can be swayed by where you live within the uk
i do think that they were not the best idea in the first place and would seriously recomend its removal and a f&e installed with the alterations of pipework to suit

with leaky on this.Been to one today thats been in approx 6 years,house is about 40 or so years old but customer loves the old system.and yes you can still get them but geeze there not cheap.

whent to quote for one the other week £1,200.
not heard from them since? tank cost £600 2 pumps re-plumb, sparky etc, wont have combi either because there jewish?.
just waiting for the call after its burst now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back