Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water from Shower after changing pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

We noticed yesterday that there was a damp stain on the bedroom ceiling. I had a look in the loft and there was a slow drip coming from the shower pump. It was coming from the pump itself rather than the water connections so I replaced it with a like for like

Twin Impeller Shower Pump 1.5 Bar

All seemed to go fine and the leak is now gone but although the pump is kicking in, it's only doing so for cold water - Hot water is not being pumped through.

It can't be that I've forgotten to turn the isolator back on because there wasn't one for hot, only cold and I had to drain down the system.

I'm wondering if it could be an airlock? If so, how can I fix?

The system is traditional gravity fed with a cold water tank in the loft and a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard. The shower pump only feeds a shower in the en suite. The main bathroom only has a bath.

thanks

Maybe if you have one put the shower hose at its lowest point in the tray maybe with the pump turned off you may get the air out when the water comes out

Legend!!

Yeah I tried that with the shower head disconnected - it spluttered for a bit and started working again so clearly was an airlock.

Thanks for saving me having to spend more time messing round in the loft with such and easy fix.

Reply to No hot water from Shower after changing pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock