Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water from Shower after changing pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

We noticed yesterday that there was a damp stain on the bedroom ceiling. I had a look in the loft and there was a slow drip coming from the shower pump. It was coming from the pump itself rather than the water connections so I replaced it with a like for like

Twin Impeller Shower Pump 1.5 Bar

All seemed to go fine and the leak is now gone but although the pump is kicking in, it's only doing so for cold water - Hot water is not being pumped through.

It can't be that I've forgotten to turn the isolator back on because there wasn't one for hot, only cold and I had to drain down the system.

I'm wondering if it could be an airlock? If so, how can I fix?

The system is traditional gravity fed with a cold water tank in the loft and a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard. The shower pump only feeds a shower in the en suite. The main bathroom only has a bath.

thanks

Maybe if you have one put the shower hose at its lowest point in the tray maybe with the pump turned off you may get the air out when the water comes out

Legend!!

Yeah I tried that with the shower head disconnected - it spluttered for a bit and started working again so clearly was an airlock.

Thanks for saving me having to spend more time messing round in the loft with such and easy fix.

Reply to No hot water from Shower after changing pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock