Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No ECV tightness test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How can you do a landlords inspection, complete a tigthness test and state 0 MB drop when the meter has no ECV?
Scottish Gas can & have done so for last 3 years with no mention of any issue.
Was at this Landlord job today. Old medium pressure rig converted to LP with no ECV. Only a slam shut valve upstream of meter.
Left AR & reported to SGN.

I would have ID the lot and capped it but as not an emergency AR. Unless you dropped the test nipple and then it's an emergency!

Tamz the ecv was 2 miles away
fb9f522df6ef4bad06c8ed07daa741b7.jpg

There has got to be an ecv on it somewhere
Was there 2hrs. Searched place high and low. Meter box taken off wall.
Was on phone to landlord/property owner for 20 mins. No knowledge of any ECV anywhere else.

"Dwarf man goes into hibernation and burries cigarettes"

Sure ive seen that before lol :p

when i was on social housing if we couldnt acces an ecv we had to call suplier and wait for them to take over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No ECV tightness test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time poster here and hoping for some help. I work on sites across the UK with different non-domestic gas setups, I never have to deal...
Replies
Views
Scenario: Service/Cp12. Tightness test, E6 meter with boiler and cooker. 1 mb drop found over 2 mins no smell of gas. Acceptable drop...
Replies
Views
hey, new install. Vokera boiler, 1 rad and heat coil for a 6k Gallon koi carp pond. Had a seperate gas main ran to the log cabin plant room to...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock