Search the forum,

Discuss Kane tightness testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher buzzard

Gas Engineer
hey, new install. Vokera boiler, 1 rad and heat coil for a 6k Gallon koi carp pond. Had a seperate gas main ran to the log cabin plant room to feed the boiler with its own gas meter. He sorted everything and sourced boiler ect before I took on the job. Did a tightness test with my Kane. After 1 minute stabilisation the start was 20.10 mbar and finished at 20.06 mbar. Got a print out to staple to MI. I left but got a call this morn to say he could smell gas. When I walked in I couldn't smell gas and the door had been shut for afew hours. Did a test again, isolated boiler, sprayed all joints and I had a drop of 0.06 mbar. Would you say this is a leak or temperature/stabilisation affecting the reading? The reading was going up and down abit on my Kane as I watched.

That's what I was thinking. My Kane seemed very sensitive to the reading when I was testing. Do they charge for calling them out? I was wondering if the joint there side underground from yellow to iron was leaking.

No charge
The customer can smell gas but there is no leak when testing. Could be from anywhere.

anything under 0.25 you dont care about (as this is the readable movement)

so your well within wouldnt worrie at .06 i would start to look around 2 mbar on an existing install

did you use a u gauge to double check? my analyser has began to play up doing tightness tests. luckily its due a recal in January.

Do you test all the joints and connections that are only live when things are running?

Hey. Yeah I sprayed all joints. Even inside the boiler and used a U gauge. He sealed the duct where the iron enters the log cabin and spoke to him yesterday and he says he can longer smell anything. He’s gonna call the gas board out to investigate there joint underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kane tightness testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock