Discuss No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just being childish there. Though not as childish as repeatedly asking me if I would steal from a customer.

Love it, can't think of an answer so go straight to "your being childish"

really clever response.

A forum isn't exclusively for helping people, it's a meeting place for minded people where they can discuss common issues. That people chose to help one another is testament to their decency, not their force participation.

your still not understanding me, your choice is help or not help.
what you and others are doing is making a choice, help or be rude.

if a plumber is friendly, gives good advice and is polite the customer will tell 1 person...If they a rude, short with the client ect they tell 10! soon know one will come on here for advice or help in fear of getting shot down

That's right. "Customer".
I've built up a good rapport with my customers by being professional, fair and consistant with my work and my pricing.
If a customer wants something for nothing they are dealing with the wrong man. There are no loss leaders with plumbing and no loyalty with customers. A job done for free is a job lost and if your price isn't right no amount of good will can sway a customers decision.

If anyone thinks otherwise they're deluded.

FYI Jase
I have worked with 100's of tradesmen from every part of the building trade over more years than you have lived and i have yeat to meet or even hear of 1 who would pocket as much as a 10p found in anyone's house. Not because they are all 100% honest people, in fact some were among the biggest rouges i have ever met.
Figure that one out.

You have a lot to learn about how genuine tradesmen operate.

Btw you are starting to be abusive now.

I am never abusive. I may be curt and to the point and often humorous but never abusive.
Get off your high horse and lighten up.

Every Sunday night and only Sunday night, I've asked for an extension tonight, from 10.00 to 10.30 feeling a bit more fruity than normal........

Think you need a bit of what secret squirrel is looking maybe help you chill out a bit
Being highly strung not good for you mate

I don't know why i'm humouring you but i'll play along only to highlight how petty you're being and how clueless you are about the runnings of a plumbing business.

Do you tell the customer that your going to scrap copper in?
If they ask. It's their scrap until they allow me to take it.
Do you charge customer the same for materials as you get them for and put petrol on bill instead?
No because the cost of petrol doesn't cover the time taken to spec the materials, the knowledge i've built up of what's suitable/most cost effective, the effect supplying the materials has on my cashflow, the fact that the price I pay is the product of years of built up discount or the guarantee I extend to the materials I supply.

Do you tell the customer that the boiler your installing is free because you have bought so many boilers from them that you get one free?
Why on earth would I do that? If I were to be given a free boiler it's a perk from putting years worth of business though a single supplier. What claim does a new customer have on that?

I suspect i've been trolled here.

You think people are rude asking another member if he would steal £2k if he saw it on a table or whatever you think that's not rude lol wise up jase

Well I think we've all learned a valuable lesson about airlocks, blockages, DIY, rudeness, running businesses, the secretive and cliqey organisation that is The Plumbers Arms, theft, dishonesty, love, hate, war and knockers.

I think now we can at last say we've come to a conclusion. Everyone is in agreement and all scores have been settled.

And so finally we can...

What's that....the OP's plumber didn't turn up? And he still has an airlock...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock