Discuss No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you have been doing it too long and don't appreciate the fact that you are earning a hell of a lot more then the people out there who are on minimum wage stuck in the same old job day in day out. or the people who can not get a job and receiving benefits trying every day to get a job. Or the people who have to walk 5 miles a day just to get a clean glass of water.

I earn more than people on minimum wage because I work harder and longer. I "earn" more than people on the dole because I made wise choices, the fact that they're able to claim benefits means they already get enough sympathy from me.
As for the "children are starving in africa" argument I think you've done yourself a disservice there.

There is more to life then money and I am suprised you have any customers if all you think about is money, if customer had £2,000 on side and went out, would you take it?

Ahh, so anyone with a bit of business acumen is a greedy thief? I think we're getting to the bottom of things now. I suppose you were camped outside of St.Paul's this morning?

Every time I tell people I'm a plumber they say "you must be rich" but from what you are saying plumbers live on the bread line. Hungry and barely able to afford diesel. Giving advice in your spare time does not cost anything. They were probably going to find a way of doing it themselves anyway so stop reading into it so much.

I have no idea what you were aiming for with this. It's commendable that you are so community spirited but I don't think it's your place to tell someone else that they should give away their means of earning a living for free or for little or no thanks. It's up to each individual to decide and membership of this forum doesn't dictate that we must help the public or even that it is this forums sole purpose.

I think we're at opposite ideological poles and won't agree. I'm happy to continue making a healthy, but honest profit out of my business.

'not sure how that s going to work mate . doubt blasting the main up the hot supply in the kitchen going to clear it an airlock in the cold supply ?'

Having re-read the post at the begining of this saga I realised this but I had the impression that the OP was not really receptive to advice and decided to leave the debate and not to respond further.

Although, I don't agree with jase158 with regards to bullying, I do think the whole post has got a little out of hand amongst ourselves.

Trouble is if we were all sitting in the pub having this discussion there'd be no misunderstanding because we could explain things clearly. Time and time again, things are read out of context or the meaning has been misconstrued and no-one wants to give in etc.

Funny thing is though the OP has given up and got a plumber in and hasn't posted any further.

Did the OP do any of the things suggested, probably not, he was probably looking for an easy soloution to the problem, all the suggestions required tools or some knowledge or ability. When the OP thought he sorted the problem in the morning or thought it sorted itself there was a bit of an attitude there. Two hours later though, was back looking for more advice...... I think this annoyed people.

On this happy note I'm off for my regular Sunday night surprise (or not so much of a surprise) between 9.45 and 10.00....

Saw a thread on here little while ago where a woman was asking for advice, she was absolutely ripped into and ended up going a bit ballistic, she was the one who got kicked off. If you were to do that in a pub, your mates would turn round and give you slack for starting on a woman.
My problem is that these people can get away with things that would not normally be accepted elsewhere. And absolutely amazed how they blatently deny it afterwards too. Manners cost nothing.

Jase why don't you contact the admins to get access to the plumbers arms? These discussions are healthy and are what that forum is for.

That said I don't think anyone bullied or ripped into anyone in this thread. Some people became a bit frustrated with the OP but that was it.

Finnaly agree with you,

However in my experience anybody with a bit of business acrumen, gives something free to make more sales.

Buy 1 Get 1 Free, 2 for 1, 3 for the price of 2, free quotes.

Suppose these are all scams and you are actually paying more then you would normally?

You remind me of somebody else.....

Couldn't answer my question though could you. Would you take the money?

I have no idea what you were aiming for with this. It's commendable that you are so community spirited but I don't think it's your place to tell someone else that they should give away their means of earning a living for free or for little or no thanks. It's up to each individual to decide and membership of this forum doesn't dictate that we must help the public or even that it is this forums sole purpose.

I think we're at opposite ideological poles and won't agree. I'm happy to continue making a healthy, but honest profit out of my business.

Can you explain to me what you believe a forum is for?

I'm happy making a healthy profit and helping people along the way.

Jase158 and Hybrid

Judging by the last couple of posts it seems that I should cancel the boxing gloves order. At the risk of sounding patronising (and I don't mean to be patronising at all) it makes a great change to see a heated discussion on the internet end in accepting each other's viewpoints, even if not in total agreement with them.

I've seen a fair few forums over the years and this is easily the most gentlemanly of them and the debate above proves this. Compared to some of what I've read on other forums (language, bullying and pure nastiness, etc) this forum is really tame and we all hope it remains that way.

Anyway, another week's just starting and let's hope it goes well for all of us.

Couldn't answer my question though could you. Would you take the money?

Would I steal from someone? I didn't think I had to answer that one and I wont.

Though why you equate attributing a high value to the service I provide to theft I can't fathom.
You remind me of someone too. A character from Atlas Shrugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock