Discuss "no call out charge" at what point u start charging? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way they sell their services by only charging for 15 minute's at a time after the first hour - sounds really good until you think of it as £200 + £50 + £50 +50 + £50 ............£400 for two hours work!!!

Respect to them for being honest :-/ and up front about their charges - not cheap but customers will buy it because of the name. For small start out like me I can't compare or compete. Personally, I will be happy with getting say 2 of the £110 breakdowns a day, plus any other work in between. Obviously jobs within reasonable distance. Some may say say they will not even take their tools out for x amount but we have to appreciate that u win some and u loose some. I could potentially get a 5 mins job for £110, or it could be a 3 hrs job for that price. People need to know what they r paying, and if you r not up to the job u and can't fix the problem then u shouldn't be charging. What is the worst can happen, the job can take more than 3 hours, let the customer know and let them know what will involve and costs, if customer not having it, walk away. What I've noticed lately is there are so many local firms start coming into the market with fleets of vans and engineers, how long they can survive i can't tell. For small ones like us to compete I think we need to be creative with our pricing. That's my opinion of course.

The fastest response time in LONDON. Wouldn't be very fast in getting to a call out if I called them up here! LOL

happy days - wasnt opening olympics good ? - up till 1am back out at 5 yawn[/QUOTE said:
The olympics opening made me proud being British!!! The had the queen, bond, and bean but no del boy!! How could they? Del boy is the icon of this country :) they show him in every Spanish resort at one stage for gods sake! Should've got him flogging Peckham's spring to the audience. :)

The olympics opening made me proud being British!!! The had the queen, bond, and bean but no del boy!! How could they? Del boy is the icon of this country :) they show him in every Spanish resort at one stage for gods sake! Should've got him flogging Peckham's spring to the audience. :)

Calm down trigger:boxing_smiley:

when the customer asks re call out charges i say fixed fee for a guaranteed repair + parts simple .sometimes i can mark up the parts a little sometimes not.
if the boiler is unfixable i quote for a new boiler charge half the std fee issue an invoice.
quote for the cost of a new boiler .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "no call out charge" at what point u start charging? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya, just starting out self-employed so I'm a little unsure what to charge... What do you all charge for call outs, time, specific jobs? If you...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Back