Discuss Nightmare!!!!! Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pnhsolutions

went to customers house to re-pressure boiler-Vaillant turbomax 824e-
The boiler was fine when i arrived BUT as i was waiting for the system to get to temperature it came up with f28!
Gas fault or ignition fault!
I worked my way through the fault finding chart!
The fan runs-pump runs-I have got a perfect spark - NO GAS -
So i replaced the gas valve!

No Different

Carry on through the chart and using my experience i change the board!

No Different

I was trying to get through to vaillant technical but after being on hold for an hour i gave up!

I have spent in excess of £200 and feel i have left the property feelig useless!

So
Does anybody know what voltage i should have to the gas valve? it is a honeywell valve!

I do have voltage to the primary solenoid! But i dont know if they are correct readings.

It is really nothing simple as i have been through everything twice-and again.
Please can anybody help me?

cheers lads!!!

Just to let you all know!
The lead from the board to the gas valve contains a rectifier that converts the voltage!
If you ever change a board on one of these boilers lads make sure you change the lead!
I am £200 pound lighter as i never changed the lead blowing the new board into next week!
We learn from our mistakes but at what price?

thanks for your heads up pnhsolutions.
sorry for your loss
vaillant technical help had me on hold for 30 mins again today, i used to like them, but will NEVER fit one again or advise clients to do so.
why buy from a company that doesnt look after you?
f*** them

I know it's an old thread but I've just got a call regarding one not working and diagnosed either pcb or fan. Custard wants me to tell him how much to fix it. Apparently it was okay a while back bit they left it off long coz no one was living in

1 hour wait for technical!! Wow!

People knock Worcester, but I phoned them yesterday and got thru within 2 minutes :)

Well the fan is obv an easy diagnosis so should be easy to find out which it is.

Didn't feel like going. So suggested vaillant s fixed price repair team. Anyone done that to their cistard?

any reason why you don't want that job? fan is easy diagnosis. tell cust price for your labour and how much part/s are so they know before you start. ;)

thanks for your heads up pnhsolutions.
sorry for your loss
vaillant technical help had me on hold for 30 mins again today, i used to like them, but will NEVER fit one again or advise clients to do so.
why buy from a company that doesnt look after you?
f*** them

Yes I rang them last week on hold for ages then put through to an arrogant git that was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I generally only refer breakdowns once i've had a look and I a)too busy and can't be arsed b)not 100% what the fault is. I used to refer a fair few back when I wasn't very good at fault finding, but soon realised I wasn't going to get very good at fault finding if I didn't learn to fault find. Now I normally get the part right every time.

I charge £85 - £125 + part for most repairs. And for most fans that's eaaassssy money. Fans are the best (easy diagnosis and easy fit).

Yup something like LPC's answer really. Quite new in this game and had better things to be doing rather than go on some landlord's who didn't wanna spend money in the first place:smug: coz he had someone else come in and tell him the fault.

If the lead is faulty it will blow the green resistor on the board and the gas valve. All three will need replacing. Check for 66-70 ohms across the resistor to prove then give the customer the bad news.

If the lead is faulty it will blow the green resistor on the board and the gas valve. All three will need replacing. Check for 66-70 ohms across the resistor to prove then give the customer the bad news.

Jeez that would surely be quite dear

Is this the old turbomax with black plastic door & green knobs or the later one with Gary & cream style...? Just so I know, as my bro has the old original one and wants to keep it running forever!

Just been at the 242. Exact same fault , gas vale intermittently opening , pcb pooped! Not worth the repair costs on 14 year old boiler really!

Just been at the 242. Exact same fault , gas vale intermittently opening , pcb pooped! Not worth the repair costs on 14 year old boiler really!

Repair it. They are great boilers. Nothing on sale nowadays will ever come close to it. (Apart from the diverters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nightmare!!!!! Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock