Search the forum,

Discuss NEWS: Company 365-Drills to launch large and targetted marketing campaign for 2012 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

NEWS: Company 365-Drills to launch large and targetted marketing campaign to see out the end of 2011.

Advertising to: Tilers – Plumbers – Builders – Gas Installers

Owner of 365-Drills Richard Hazell said “Even in the teeth of this recession we have grown our business because we have strong brands and the right people in place. We are in good condition Because our products make sense and represent great value. We are ready to grow but will invest our money wisely having no debt and tight control on our operating costs.”
The company was started in 2005 when there was no real alternative to drilling holes in porcelain tiles

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/packingline1.jpg

Produced and packaged in England the company is capable of producing 120 packs per hour.
We have the capacity to make 1400 packs a day or 500,000 packs a year. So we are ready to expand in 2012.

We hope by marketing now in 2011 we will see growth in 2012 rather than just standing still.

Retail is still important to us becuause they bring in steady monthly orders to us.
We want to increase sales to independant tile shops but we also want a distributor in the tile sector capable of puttiing our brand into
multiple tile shops.

We are ready to talk and to listen to distributors to find ways of working together so that PORSADRILL can be put in front of as many customers as
possible. Not everyone has the luxury of waiting a few days for the postman to bring them stock. They need it there and then.
Thats what retail does for our brand. It gets it closer to our customer base.

From the smallest 6mm packs at £29.99 to the standard kit at £49.99

The bathroom fitters kit is easily the most popular kit because it solves the problem for the installer. And the retailer does not have the headache of holding
a lot of stock.

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/kit2.jpg

********* has a size for everyone.

Such a large comprehenisve range is good for the customer but a nightmare for retailers and production.

So we have a simple “all in one” solution that copes with 90% of all holes in the UK and beyond.

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/richard_fay_hazell.jpg
2011 has been a mixed year. Economic climate is sluggish
but its been an enjoyable summer.
I (just like everyone else) have had to balance family life
but had to work just that bit harder and a bit longer.
283070_10150235422717014_617362013_7329740_4001878_n.jpg

For example we now produce PORSADRILL on a nightshift. By only producing at night we are able to spend the day
promoting the brand. We share the industrial estate but our machinery and equipment is so noisy that it suits our
neighbours for us to work from 6pm until 4am. [Note: factory is not close to residential areas!]
Yes it does mean we are probably a bit more tired – But then its a recession and I think you are meant to feel the effects….

Bottom line is that we have the capacity, the equipment, the tools and the people in place to expand. We hope 2012 will
be the year that we can crack some significant retail contracts

Re: NEWS: Company 365-Drills to launch large and targetted marketing campaign for 201

Hi Richard

I hope everything goes well and its good to see your Porsadrill sets on display at a local bathroom showroom/plumbers merchants round here.

Do you do your own injection moulding then for the guides?

Last edited:
Re: NEWS: Company 365-Drills to launch large and targetted marketing campaign for 201

Cheers Phil, yes we do. We use a 20T press and melt HIPS [High Impact Polystyrene] with a yellow master batch to spit them out in a twin shot mold.
To create all the 37 sizes we also use a system of interchangeable pucks on one of the plates so that we can create any size port.
Cost of plastics has risen dramatically in the last 12 months so this is having a huge impact on the cost per tonne

For example it used to be £700 a tonne. Then went up to £800 a tonne. Now its £1400 a tonne. Boiled down to the shot cost it adds about 2p to the shot
so its not exactly terrible. But its an example of a rising cost creaping in.

One way to reduce costs would be to use recycled plastic but to hide the many imperfections we could only do it with a black master batch. We looked at black but its not
so eye catching in the shops.

We did have the option of using ex-youghurt pots so the colour would be more gold but I still think the market is yellow. It IS something we are telling retailers about.

We say in our pitch:
1) We can produce plates in black with zero carbon footprint here in England using domestic rubbish
2) We can provide them at a cost of £700 a tonne not £1400 a tonne due to the recycled prices.
3) We can provide them in gold if they dont like black from Yoghurt pots.

They say:

1) Not interested

We carry on the work........ !!

Dsc08698a.jpg

Desgined in a UK factory. Please note picture blurs out sensitive data

Dsc08702.jpg

Designs and tooling refined by UK engineers

office3.jpg

Moulds and designs created here with UK jobs and UK people

Many years ago I worked in a company who had its own injection moulding machine (Boy) I used to operate it and I know all the ploblems we had with one thing and another, we used to buy granules from a company called Prime Polymers but they got expensive (this was around 1995!) so switched to a local company with better prices.
We found that alot of factors affected the size of the mouldings like outside temp, humidity etc, and we'd try to use a bag straight away when opened otherwise the moisture gets into the granules and gave steam marks on the mouldings.

My boss always wanted a hopper/drier to fit over the machine and heat the granules as they went in but he never got one so we struggled on, not long before I left we started making those blue Split click top hat washers (I moulded the very first one) I've seen them in Screwfix and loads of other outlets but to be honest the price of them just makes them two undesirable for what they really do.

Are a lot of plastics painted anyway? Car bumpers/trims for example? I maybe wrong but I'm sure they must use recyled black plastic and then spray paint them. Same with the silver finish on a laptop as mine has worn away in places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NEWS: Company 365-Drills to launch large and targetted marketing campaign for 2012 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock