Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie question on connecting taps...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmmadman

Hi All

Whats th best method of fitting a flexy to a tap. There are so many different types and I cannot seem to find one with a isolation valve and 15mm compression @ each end.

My tap has 15mm tails, would it be best to compression fit an isolation valve on the main pipwork then use a short length of 155mm into a standard 15mm to 15mm flexy.

Screwfix do flexies with valves on but they have push fit connectors are they anygood, some are just plastic and some look more substantial.

Many thanks, cheers.................:)

seen many a push fit on to copper pipe and they have not failed

why dont you just but 2 15mm x 1/2 BSP x 300mm flexi and then a couple of 15mm ball o fix isolation valves to fit the 15mm end?

why dont you just but 2 15mm x 1/2 BSP x 300mm flexi and then a couple of 15mm ball o fix isolation valves to fit the 15mm end?[/QUOTE]

Could you please explain more in laymans terms......????

many thanks................

why dont you just but 2 15mm x 1/2 BSP x 300mm flexi and then a couple of 15mm ball o fix isolation valves to fit the 15mm end?[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying now but as my post states my tap has a 15mm tales and no 1/2 BSP fitting like a regular tap.

Cheers..............:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a mono tap? you can buy flexis with the screw fitting that goes directly into the tap base removing the need for the tails. theres 2 types of thread so take the tap with you to make sure you have the right ones. Not seen them with ball o fix valves but easy enough to fit those to existing copper pipe.

yes if you have a monobloc tap you will have tails with M10 or M12 (usually) which you can buy as flexis from a Plumbers merchant. Then whack your isolation valve onto the coppper pipe

If you pressure is poor id avoid all the cheaper flexis and the cheaper isolator valves as they reduce the pressure further.

I'd fix a standard isolation valve to the 15mm copper plumbing first then fix the flexi after this. Mainly because after a while the flexi's can begin to weep and it's a doddle to replace them if there is an isolation valve already there.
If the isolation valve was part of the flexi then you would still have to turn off the water to replace the flexi.

-Neil

If you do buy the m10/12 flexis from a merchant, don't go to plumbase. £15 for a pair I paid the other day? Buy off bes.co.uk, even with £5 next day delivery it'll come to half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newbie question on connecting taps...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock