Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie in need of some help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, wondering if any one can help me please

Our central heating kicks on randomly at seemingly whatever time it likes and turns on the radiators. We live on a newish estate and I bet our neighbors have the same central heating system and programmer as ours, could it be that their timer is turning ours on? Our radiators (upstairs and downstairs) are on a timer unit and come on at times not set on the timer. Boiler is a Megaflow 2 System 12 compact GA, and the unit is a Salus Ep200.

Thanks in advance

It is possibly for rf type thermostats to interfere with others. They come with options in the back of the thermostat to change the rf frequency to help prevent this.

It is possibly for rf type thermostats to interfere with others.

The Salus EP200 is not, AFAIK, a wireless device so interference from a neighbouring system is not going to be the problem. The installation manual for it is here:

https://salus-controls.com/uk/files/Salus-EP200-Manual-001-cr.pdf

The most likely cause of the problem is that the thing hasn't been programmed correctly, so you need to check that. Remember that there are several programmes depending on which day of the week it is.

Next thing to check is whether there is a 'frost protection' or 'minimum temperature' setting on the programmer or boiler that has been set too high, i.e. above 10°C.

I reset both the upstairs and downstairs and set the timers accordingly and correct, even on a hot day, they would still come on so not sure its frost protection.

I reset both the upstairs and downstairs and set the timers accordingly and correct, even on a hot day, they would still come on so not sure its frost protection.

If you have two timers, swap them over and see if the fault moves from upstairs to downstairs or stays where it is. If the former, you have a bad timer. If the latter, you need to look elsewhere.

The one downstairs is wired in to the wall and controls the radiators and water, the one upstairs is also wired in to the wall and does just the radiators so dont think swapping them is an option

The programmes go with the timer.
What you are going is proving a concept.
Do the bits of kit work at the times they should?
If the problem moves with the timer the timer is at fault. If it doesn't then the problem is elsewhere.

Reply to Newbie in need of some help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock