Discuss new washing machine, unable to attach waste pipe in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

No

No need to throw the toys out of the pram, we have tried to help you.
IT ISN`T MEANT TO GO INSIDE THE RIBBED PLASTIC PIPE just the first 30mm of rubber as shown in the video.

there are no toys in this pram, however saying read the manual or call a plumber is a pointless response to give consider the current conditions we are under.

there are no toys in this pram, however saying read the manual or call a plumber is a pointless response to give consider the current conditions we are under.
not really as plumbers/gas engineers are allowed to work in emergency situations or where they deem it safe to do so

you can get a clip online or from hardware shop Screwfix b&q tool station cut the first bit of it should be quite a snug fit the jubilee clip is to keep it secret as the pump from the machine is quite powerful and if there is back pressure could blow off and reckon the cupboard

i will see if i can find a cable tie or similar to secure it for now.

you can get a clip online or from hardware shop Screwfix b&q tool station cut the first bit of it should be quite a snug fit the jubilee clip is to keep it secret as the pump from the machine is quite powerful and if there is back pressure could blow off and reckon the cupboard
I`ve seen them held on with two cables ties! :D

Is 21mm the internal or external diameter of your pipe?
I have in the past used a short section of 22mm copper tube and 2 jubilee clips to join two w/m hoses together and it was a tight fit but went on without needing to be heated up. The hose then attached to a standard spigot.
If the internal diameter is 21mm (ish) then it's probably a standard size hose and it's the spigot you have which is an unusual size.
Saying that though, your spigot looks like it may be McAlpine which is a very good brand, They are made for 3/4'' waste pipes(about 21mm) and also have the ability to take a larger waste pipe, but not a smaller one.
MA15.png

looks like it worked but no thank you
Yeah, thinking the guy was blinkered and wasn`t listening, then finally the penny dropped.
Really annoys me when we give time & help freely and not one thanks. Sometimes I wonder why we bother tbh.

Is 21mm the internal or external diameter of your pipe?
I have in the past used a short section of 22mm copper tube and 2 jubilee clips to join two w/m hoses together and it was a tight fit but went on without needing to be heated up. The hose then attached to a standard spigot.
If the internal diameter is 21mm (ish) then it's probably a standard size hose and it's the spigot you have which is an unusual size.
Saying that though, your spigot looks like it may be McAlpine which is a very good brand, They are made for 3/4'' waste pipes(about 21mm) and also have the ability to take a larger waste pipe, but not a smaller one.
View attachment 43289

I hadn't gone to page 2 of this thread when I replied, disregard the above in this case...

Reply to new washing machine, unable to attach waste pipe in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, my plumbing knowledge is very limited. I have a cold water feed going into cistern with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock