Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss new vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sram

hi all

i got a sime system format boiler,mates fitting a seperate expansion vessel , ,but wondering does it go on flow or return and does it go on up side down,
he said it goes on upside down or else water goes to bottom where valve is.

Thanks sram

hi all

i got a sime system format boiler,mates fitting a seperate expansion vessel , ,but wondering does it go on flow or return and does it go on up side down,
he said it goes on upside down or else water goes to bottom where valve is.

Thanks sram

This really made me smile and cheered me up! Thanks! Please keep the friend and get in a pro for this job.

Cmon a little help,on the flow he reckons,and upside down sounds rubbish

sorry get a gsr in to do the job properly. if your mate is gsr he should know what he is doing, if he isn't don't let him touch it. how do you know you need a new ev?

its no wind up,an honest question ,would it be on flow or return,i think my mate is windind me up,thats why im asking,

You do not need to be gsr to do this work

It should be fitted on the return pipework to the boiler

Officially the pipe work connection should be on the bottom and vent on top,all large commercial vessels are fitted like this,for a few reasons,one so water can be drained out if required,however in domestic systems,it does not really matter and in fact you will see manufactures often show it fitted upside down,ie water inlet on top and vent at bottom

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply puddle,would there be any cause for it to ever be fitted on the flow pipe

It should be fitted on the return pipework to the boiler

Officially the pipe work connection should be on the bottom and vent on top,all large commercial vessels are fitted like this,for a few reasons,one so water can be drained out if required,however in domestic systems,it does not really matter and in fact you will see manufactures often show it fitted upside down,ie water inlet on top and vent at bottom

imho
Reason they like it with pipe connection up, is to remove all air out of water in the vessel. If the pipe itself is not able to vent air, it also is often shown drawn with a tee & auto vent.

the expansion vessel you buy will have a pre charge pressure that is likely to be more than you need
check the manufacturers instructions for the boiler as to the pressure required
adjust the pressure to suit before fitting the new ev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock