Search the forum,

Discuss New van new plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning chaps

I am downsizing my van as my work is all heating and boilers now.

I am intrigued what you guys keep on your van roofs and how you keep it there. I am used to being able to put everything inside the van. I obviously completely understand tube carriers but want to know what is the best thing to keep ladders in place and is there anything else that people use their roofs for that perhaps I haven't thought of.

As ever all opinions gratefully received

I use these to hold my ladders on with. clamp.jpg

Thanks mate is that a lock on them??

Mate is there anyway you can post some links? I'm dead keen to get some quality stuff but recommendations from you guys are imperative

Riley , I have a pipe tube inside the caddy ( will post a pic ) its exactly 2m so I only buy 3 m copper for the big jobs . But more importantly the thieving little scrotes cant see it

Thanks mate. Do you have anything on the roof??

So do you not carry ladders etc??

So do you not carry ladders etc??

Yep the bars carry my tripple ladders and I use the Rhino clamps above ( they are great )
The bottom of the clamps are too wide for bars but , I cut a small notch in the bars so the clamps fit , and it helps them stay in place , will post a pic when its daylight .

These may help pal , IMG_1674.jpgIMG_0295.jpg the pipe tube goes straight through the bulkhead grille into the overhead parcel shelf , fits a treat . You cant see it when the door is shut .

Really nice idea mate. What roof bars have you got?

They are the vanstyle ones off fleebay . I am sure they will do them for the maxi.

Where`s the other half of the bulkhead gone? I would of run the pipe carrier over the passengers side myself.

Otherhalf is stashed in garage , if I have a massive cylinder to fit the passenger seat comes out and the cylinder goes up to the dash , once had a 300 litre unvented in and the back door shut with about 25 mm left lol .
Besides that you would headbut it if it was on passenger side when you opened the side door .

Fair enough mate, should of known there was a reason.
My Caddy has 2 side doors so that didn`t cross my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New van new plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock