Discuss New tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou everybody for replies so far, its all been noted down and will be used properly.

thats the one, nicknamed barbi in spain, 2nd best plastic pipe available to the proffesional, i liked thermofusion and rated that 1st.
do you have wirsbo same as barbi but outer olive is plastic, still used with an expanding machine and then plastic olive shrinks (3rd favorite)
it would be great to have some of that decent plastic over here !

nope, take a look at plousannes link.
totally different concept, proper installers tube. wirsbo was as fast as speedfit, but still a new thing (7years ago) barbi was well established and slightly slower. thermofusion is what the gas men in the street use here, only different sizes (down to 12mm) best pipe ever and used domestically for internal installs !
ayyy the good old days.

thats the one, nicknamed barbi in spain, 2nd best plastic pipe available to the proffesional, i liked thermofusion and rated that 1st.
do you have wirsbo same as barbi but outer olive is plastic, still used with an expanding machine and then plastic olive shrinks (3rd favorite)
it would be great to have some of that decent plastic over here !

Shaun,

Only the sheds sell the push fit stuff and a brit sales man in the dordogne sells h2o specially for the brits, otherwise the pros use the stuff listed in the link, I am a bit out of touch being retired but still keep my eyes out for what's going on in the trade, most of the P E R or P E X tube used over here is pre-gained, I expect that you know what I mean by this, even if the Spanish use a different word for it, the tube come all ready with a light corrugated plastic sleeve over it

Thermofusion, I take this to be what I know as electrofusion welding of polyethylene pipe, biggest I have done was flat plate butt electrofusion on a 150 mm blue water main down to 25 mm saddle tappings, gas yellow was 75 mm sub mains flat plate electrofusion butt welded, with 25 mm saddle tappings these were done by hot iron shaped formers for both the main and saddle tapping, this was in the UK, the French do it slightly differently its all fittings with plug in heating element connections all computer controlled from the fusion box

nope, take a look at plousannes link.
totally different concept, proper installers tube. wirsbo was as fast as speedfit, but still a new thing (7years ago) barbi was well established and slightly slower. thermofusion is what the gas men in the street use here, only different sizes (down to 12mm) best pipe ever and used domestically for internal installs !
ayyy the good old days.

Out of my league, my bad! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Help me, I am currently studying the 6129 in Basic Plumbing and am in desperate need of a plumber or plumbing organisation that will be prepared...
Replies
Views
vincentsrus
V
Yup its TOOLFAIR time again. OK so the event is not specific to Plumbing but you will find a general array of Professional tools on show over the...
Replies
Views
365drills
Out now and new for Jan 2010. The latest Corgi catalogue featuring a range of useful tools and products for gas fitters and plumbers. The new...
Replies
Views
365drills
A
Hello all - just registered hoping someone can help me with a bit of a quandary. I'm not a tradesman nor do I wish to DIY anything connected with...
Replies
Views
kirkgas
K

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock