Search the forum,

Discuss New system for renovation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon Rae

Hi guys

I need to put a new system into a 5 bedroom house 3 1/2 bath 15 rads over three floors.

Currently it has a combi which some asshat did a terrible job installing it's only 3-4 years old not to bothered if it goes but if I can reuse it I will do. As most of the system has been ripped out because of other structural works.

average 66,000 btu's for the heating.

The water pressure is ok but it will improve because I am going to put a 22mm new supply in currently has 15mm supply.

any help for a system that I could get installed.

bin the combi and install an unvented cylinder and heat only boiler would be your best bet

and post the job up here

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

To right it's not a DIY job I am pretty handy but heating systems are not my bag.

Is it possible to use the combi just for the heating?

the only way you could do it is use the combi for kitchen sinks and heating and then install a cylinder for bathrooms

but depending on boiler make it might not be worth it

Get it specced properly by the plumber and then discuss the options from there. There are so many variables, you've undersizes the cold water already.

The 22mm I/d supply is the maximum I thought You could run off the supply from the utility supply.

as again the asshat that owned the property before me had a water meter installed on a house with 3 1/2 bathrooms so it has the new style water meter point.

The 22mm I/d supply is the maximum I thought You could run off the supply from the utility supply.

as again the asshat that owned the property before me had a water meter installed on a house with 3 1/2 bathrooms so it has the new style water meter point.

Would recommend doing the mains as well 25-32mm alk pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New system for renovation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock