Search the forum,

Discuss New system advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHIEF

I am new to this forum :). I am in the process of having an extension done so am going to replace my 25 year old Baxi FS801rs.It is a very old property with 4 bedrooms and has single glazed sash windows(the property is listed). It has one bathroom/shower and a sink in another bedroom.We will possibly fit an en suite to the new bedroom.
I have a 25m/2 conservatory with wet underfloor heating. At present this is off the same circuit as my radiators due to constraints with pipe routing. It works ok.
My thoughts are
1. Leave it as it is and fit a combi to run everything. Broag Rehema avanta 39c or a Valliant.
2. Fit boiler as above and zone UFH and rest seperate.
3. Fit a smaller combi to run the house heating and hot water and a 5kw air source heat pump just to run the underfloor heating (no dhw) .
4. Fit Valliant boiler and Unistore cylinder to run everything.Drawback to this is cost of stored hot water.
5. Fit a big air source heat pump (Dalkin altherma) to do it all and hope to get a grant towards it.
There is me, wife and three young children in the household.
Advice and recommendations would be gratefully received.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are going to add a bathroom dont bother with a combi .if you want to be green go for the bigger heat pump.

You really need a plumber to attend and tell you what is suitable, you do not want to make an expensive mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New system advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock