Search the forum,

Discuss New smart device- advice needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smart_product

Hi guys!

We are developing a new smart water meter- device that would be installed ON the mains inlet water pipe.
The only issue that we might have and need to investigate it further is (and here your advice is much appreciated) if there is enough space the install the meter in most of the households.
We do not have final measurements yet, but it should not be higher than 14 cm.

From your experience- do you think that in most cases there is enough space to install an extra device where the main water inlet is?

Thanks in advance.

Here's how this is going to have to work, my friend.

We'll happily answer your questions to assist in the development of your product.

However, we cannot allow you to market or advertise it as that would be an infringement of our rules. Unless you become a forum sponsor of course!

But! One of our sponsors is the largest independant in the UK. I would recommend that you also contact them.

That is NOT an advertisement.

That is a QUESTION for all installers if -from their experience- in most cases there is enough space to install something not bigger than 14cm on the mains inlet water pipe.

That is a QUESTION for all installers if -from their experience- in most cases there is enough space to install something not bigger than 14cm on the mains inlet water pipe.

Just read the first paragraph of croppies reply again and calm down. He said we will happily help to assist.........

Last edited:

IF at any point I had thought that it was an advert the thread would have been pulled and your membership revoked.

You want to read my post again pal?

From your experience- do you think that in most cases there is enough space to install an extra device where the main water inlet is?

I can't answer Yes or No as I don't do Domestics but can raise some issues.

Whatever it is you're designing will need WRAS approval before being put into service.

Properties may already have an internal water meter taking up the only available space

A lot of properties end up with the Incoming main behind newly fitted kitchen units.

I assume it's for remote smart phone monitoring of water consumption and excess flow and auto and remote cut off?

The unanswerable question. No idea till you get a look. Every jobs different.

If it's useful yes it could be installed
If it's useless then no

genuine question apart from the bumff. Most domestic supplies would be sound but not mine and I'm domestic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New smart device- advice needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working...
Replies
Views
Hi all We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened. When I...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock